Monday, November 11, 2024

Hello Monday Birthday Edition ~ November 11, 2024

 Hello Monday friends & Happy Veteran's Day!  I am thankful for all who have sacrificed and served to protect our country.  

Today is this little girl's birthday.
Yes, that is me!

Last Thursday night, I went to family dinner house at my sister's house after work and they had a triple chocolate cheesecake for me and sang happy birthday.  I loved being surrounded by my greats for this.  

Friday after work, I joined 3 friends and we went out of town for the weekend to an Airbnb about 3 hours away.  The house was decorated for Christmas!
It was rainy until Saturday afternoon and we took a 2 mile trail in the state park nearby.  There were babbling brooks along the way and then a beautiful waterfall.
We came back and had birthday cake since 3 of us have November birthdays. 
We were only gone 48 hours, so it was quick, but we didn't go out to eat any.  We each brought food for a meal so other than paying for the place to stay, none of us spent any money on the trip, other than a trip to Sonic!  Our Saturday night meal was gumbo and cornbread and it was so good.

I am thankful to have another birthday, another year of life to celebrate.  I also love having a November birthday when it feels like fall and everyone is in the holiday spirit.  This is my first birthday in all 54 that I have woken up alone and will go to bed alone, so that definitely feels different.  However, in between that time, I have lots of celebrations so I am looking forward to the day!

Have a great Monday friends & thank a Veteran!


25 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday! I know it will feel different but I hope you also will pamper and treat yourself today. What a fun getaway and it sounds like you made it so simple with the meals. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I love that you went away with friends over the weekend. Nature, friends, yummy food- such great things! I am glad you felt loved and appreciated by family and friends. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! It was nice and I love the early celebrations!

      Delete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday! Your weekend sounds perfect! Love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun getaway with friends. Happy birthday! I'm glad you were celebrated well and hope the coming year is full of unexpected blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you be blessed on during this new chapter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you had such a great weekend away; it was perfect timing for your birthday! And happy birthday to you, my friend! I am looking forward to celebrating you today not once, but twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday!! Sarah @ Sunshine & Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! The getaway looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and looking forward to our next girls trip!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday! I'm so glad you got a girls trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday!! I'm behind on my blog reading, but I still wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...