Hi friends! I am doing a little recap of my weekend.
I brought a few wigs wtih me to work Thursday for Halloween and it was an impromptu dress up as characters from Inside Out. I was told I resembled Sadness, which has been a lot of my year, but it was a fun moment at the office!
Below is my work roommate and me
I drove Thursday after work to go see my oldest daughter. It rained 4 1/2 of the 5 hours of my drive and I arrived shortly before 10. We went to bed pretty soon after I arrived. Friday morning, she and I went to breakfast and enjoyed a visit together. She had weekend plans, but I was glad to get a little time with her. Breakfast was delcious and I used the first of my November birthday deals at First Watch.

Friday afternoon, I started work for an event we had Saturday morning. The event went well overall and I was able to go to lunch with my boss and a friend of hers after the event.
We did a little shopping too before leaving town. Have you seen this trend of hats with the city/team written upside down?
I found this dress on clearance at Anthropologie. If it looks familiar, this is the one Sophie Hudson wore to one of her book signings. It is cute, but it wasn't super flattering on me.
I spent some time later Saturday afternoon exploring a nearby state park.
Notice my upside down hat?
I drove around this cute little town, but most places were closed. I was hoping it would be like a hallmark story, but not so much!

I did find some local frozen yogurt for dinner though!
I stayed in a hotel and was able to spend several hours Sunday morning reading, praying and working through a study book. Afterwards, I went and explored some more of the area before driving home.
It was a great little trip away!
I have not heard of the upside down hat thing! Also, I immediately recognized that dress! What a fun getaway! you are so good about getting out and about - I swear! I am sorry your drive was so rainy.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am loving getting away for even quick trips! It was a relief to arrive safely. Driving in the rain and dark isn't my favorite.
DeleteOh my with the hats! What will ¨they¨ think of next to get us to buy new products? Got five hats with your alma mater? Well, you need to now buy one with the name upside down, lol. That state park is so pretty! That waterfall!! So neat that you got to see your daughter. Have a great Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteExactly! Marketing is not lacking of new ideas! I loved seeing a new state park and my daughter on this get away. You too!
DeleteSo glad you got to visit with your girl and your Sunday morning sounds like perfection! Those hats are adorable too :)
ReplyDeleteIt was such a good Sunday morning!
DeleteYour photos make me want to go hiking. The trees are really pretty right now and about to all lose their leaves so I shouldn't wait!
ReplyDeletewww.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com
Yes, they are so pretty to see these fall colors!
DeleteThe wigs are so fun! I'm the same way with driving in the dark and rain too. I'm sure your shoulders and neck were so tense by the time you arrived. I'm glad you got to see your daughter and had a good weekend trip. I've never seen those hats!
ReplyDeleteThey were! These hats are such an usual new trend.
DeleteOh wow; those waterfalls are lovely. It sounds like a fun weekend but I do not envy you that drive in the dark and the rain.
ReplyDeleteYes, it was such a beautiful view!
DeleteWhat a pretty park. I love a beautiful waterfall. I like your hat too...my youngest daughter lives there : )
ReplyDeleteThat's where my oldest daughter lives!
DeleteIt is such an interesting trend!
ReplyDelete