Wednesday, November 27, 2024

Hodgepodge ~ 11/26/24

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!  Linking up for a THANKS edition of Hodgepodge with Joyce. 



1. Talking turkey...are you cooking the turkey this year? Does ham belong on a Thanksgiving day menu? When it comes to gravy do you pour it over your whole plate, skip it altogether, or land somewhere in between? Cranberries-homemade or jelled right out of the can? Do you look forward more to the main course, the savory sides, or the desserts? 

My niece is cooking the turkey this year.  We have ham at Easter and at Christmas, but not at Thanksgiving.  I am not a gravy or cranberry eater, so if these are available, I will pass on both.  I am looking forward to a good turkey, because I don't eat it that often.  I do love dressing and all the sides!  

2. Holiday movies...tell us your favorite and what it is about the film that makes you love it. Is it the film itself or a memory it stirs? 

I love Four Christmasas, Elf, Christmas Vacation, The Holiday and then the Hallmark/GAC Christmas movies.  I love laughter/feel good movies this time of year, or really anytime of year!

3. A favorite way to give back and help others? 

I enjoy that my job is a way to give back and help others every day.  This week, I hosted the dinner we served at our local children's hospital.  I am thankful to be serving there every month.  

4. Name a place or setting you encountered this month that made you feel grateful. 

My birthday party this month was one of the most special nights I have had.  Being in a room listening to people encourage me made me feel so grateful for having such a strong support system here through the hardest season of my life.

5. Knowing what you know today, if you could redo yesterday what would you do differently? 

I would probably clean up my room so I didn't feel as scattered and messy today when I look around the room!

6. Spill your own random thought here. 

I would love your prayers as my girls and I experience our first Thanksgiving without my husband/their father with us.  My brother and his family are in town and we are looking forward to other family time though.  

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!  I am so thankful for this blog community of friends and wish I could give you each a hug!

19 comments:

  1. I loved learning a little more about you through these answers! I rarely eat turkey as well, but it sounds good to me right now. I will be praying for you all tomorrow! I asked for that on my blog as well as we experience a double loss. I'm hoping the day is full of joy for us all in spite of that. I'll be praying the same thing for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are part of my prayer at the bottom of my blog post tomorrow. I hope you enjoy time with your brother, family, and especially your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope your Thanksgiving goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your daughters a fabulous Thanksgiving. We tend to have ham for Easter too and Turkey for Thanksgiving. Christmas is kind of weird in that we don't really have a traditional meal or set plans so what we do varies a lot from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love hearing the different meal traditions people have at Christmas!

      Delete
  5. I love The Holiday too and we've watched it recently. That's one I can watch any time of the year. I'm so glad you have family in town who will help fill some of the space that needs filling just now. I will be praying you and your girls have a wonderful day together. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be thinking of all of you tomorrow. Sending prayers and lots of love that you can find peace tomorrow and enjoy your Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abba, In their time of grief, I ask for your comforting presence, to wrap them in your love and grace. May this family find strength in the memories they cherish. Continue to guide them through this difficult time, and grant them the peace that only You can give. Amen.

    May you have a truly blessed Thanksgiving as you begin making new memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending prayers to you and your daughters!! I hope it's a nice Thanksgiving and not too difficult. Your birthday sounded so magical!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayed for you and your girls. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Maria! I am thankful for the laughter.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...