Wednesday, November 20, 2024

Hodgepodge ~ November 19, 2024

 Good morning!  I hope your week is going well so far.  I am linking up today with Joyce for Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. What was your favorite part about growing up in your hometown? 

I loved growing up in my hometown, which was a small suburb of Memphis, but actually in Mississippi.  The city isn't so small anymore! 
I grew up living in a home filled with love.  I lived 5 doors down from my church and elementary school.  We walked to a neighborhood pool and ball fields, rode bikes to friends houses and loved the simplicity of it all.  I have such fond memories of my neighborhood and childhood thankfully.

2. Do you prefer 'material' gifts or 'experience' gifts? If you answered experience, tell us about one you've received and truly enjoyed. 

I like both!  I like a material gift that is useful or consumable.  I also love an experience gift, even a visit to the nail salon.  I have been gifted a trip before and it was wonderful.

3. Is brown a color featured prominently in your home decor? Your wardrobe? What's a favorite brown thing you own? Of the brown foods listed here which one is your favorite and/or most often consumed... brown sugar, brown rice, pretzels, coffee, dates, cloves, German chocolate cake, whole wheat bread?

I have 2 brown chairs I bought this year that I like. 

 I have a brown shirt and brown leather pants.  Here I am last year on Thanksgiving in the pants. 

Of the food listed, I would say brown sugar, but I don't consume that too often as it is just in some baking recipies.  It is isn't listed here, but I eat a chocolate Built Bar most every day.

4. Which 'Charlie Brown' character do you relate to most? If you're not sure, you can take a fun quick quiz by clicking here-Which Charlie Brown Character Are You?  or the one found here-Charlie Brown Quiz. I got the same answer on both. 

I got two different answers, Snoopy and Charlie Brown! I am not surprised as I feel like my emotions/reactions have been all over the place this year. 

5. What's a favorite item you've purchased this year? 

I love this charger by my bed and not having to use cords.


This is also one of my all time favorite purchases...an electric lighter to use for candles.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I am so thankful to have my youngest daughter home and back in the house with me this week!  It has just been wonderful to have someone here when I wake up and go to bed and to know I can get at least one hug a day!  


23 comments:

  1. Your hometown sounds magical! I lived in the country, so I couldn't enjoy riding my bike to places and walking to the pool, but yours reminds me of those pictures I see of what kids today will never get to know and experience. I love that! I love those brown leather pants on you! Brown isn't really something I have a lot of. Enjoy your day, my friend! And get those hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I am thankful for the hugs, even if I have to ask for them some days :)

      Delete
  2. I love your chairs and your pants.
    I can't remember if you are a coffee drinker, but have you tried brown sugar in coffee? I do that at coffee shops when available and it is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am not a coffee drinker, so my hot drink choices are hot chocolate or hot tea.

      Delete
  3. Your childhood sounds so nice! I love how close you were to places. My kids have experienced a childhood much more like yours than mine and I am OK with that! I like your pants and your chairs. I need to try an electric lighter! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sweet childhood! The electric lighter is so easy and convenient. I also got one for my mom since it was harder for her to strike a match these days. You too!

      Delete
  4. We walked and rode our bikes everywhere too. It was so nice to be able to walk to school. We even walked home for lunch. I am going to go order that charger now. I meant to do it when you posted it before but forgot. I feel like we have chords everywhere. I love the chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you walked home for lunch! It's usually the little purchases that are game changer for me!

      Delete
  5. I forgot that I have some brown shelves! I used to have brown couches too, but now we have grey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I looked around my house, I have more brown than I realized too!

      Delete
  6. I immediately said no to material things but you know, if it is a useful tool then yes, I do love it. I just don't care for frivolous things. I suppose artwork would be something kind of useless that I do like though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I also don't mind a consumable gift! It is such a mix to that answer for me.

      Delete
  7. I like both experience and material gifts too. It sounds like you lived in a lovely area for your childhood. How lovey to have one of your daughters back home for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still love your brown chairs! That was such a good find! I'm so glad your daughter is home with you now. I know we just feel better when our baby birds are safe at home! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your pants! I've never been brave enought to own any leather clothing but I like the way they look on others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was new to me in the last 2 years, so I rarely wear them!

      Delete
  10. I am a Snoopy!! I remember those days when having daughters home from college for holiday breaks. Enjoy this time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those chairs look so comfy. Hooray for having your daughter in the house right now. I'm looking forward to a brief time that our kids will be here over Thanksgiving. I'm impressed with anyone who can wear leather pants!! Happy Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hometown sounds like a great place to grow up! I got Charlie on one quiz and Marcie on the other. I can see how both could fit my personality.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hometown sounds so charming. I love that you were so close to everything. And that charger is amazing! I've never seen anything like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like those chairs! They look like they would be comfortable to sit in! Also, I need to look into the electric lighter since I buy the cheap ones from Dollar Tree that don't last long, then I get annoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...