Thursday, November 21, 2024

Monthly Musings ~ November 2024

 I am joining for the Holiday Fun edition of Monthly Musings with Holly and Patty.

Any holiday parties on tap?

I will have a gift exchange party with the ladies from my church.  It is always a fun night of laughter and good food!

There will also be a time of gift exchange with my co-workers, but it will be a low key event.

Best holiday prep advice?

Do a little bit at a time from grocery shopping, buying gifts and wrapping gifts.  Take a deep breath and enjoy the season!

Share a holiday appetizer recipe that is a crowd pleaser.

For something sweet, I love rolo pretzels with M&M's.

For something non sweet, I like to make thses stuffed mini peppers.

What holidays do you celebrate in November and December?

I celebrate Thanksgiving in November and Christmas in December.  I also celebrate my birthday in November, which falls on the holiday of Veteran's Day!

Favorite holiday beverage?

I have made this drink the past several Christmas mornings

Ingredients:

2 cups orange juice
2 cups cranberry juice
1 cup pineapple juice
1 cup ginger ale

Mix everything together in a large pitcher and serve over ice.

Want to make this boozy? Pour it over Champagne or Prosecco to make a holiday mimosa, or use it as a mixer with vodka. 

What part of holiday prep is a total struggle for you?

The struggle this year will be facing my first holiday without my spouse.  I am taking it one day at a time, one event at a time, one memory at a time. 

Go-to holiday outfit?

My go to is something sparkly, leather pants, or red/green, depending on the event.  I still love comfy though!

Do you send out holiday cards?

I use to send out cards, but I haven't the past 2 years due to some hard years.  I now look at it at from the aspect of all the money I am saving!  Trying to have a positive outlook! 

Black Friday shopper?

Yes, I have always been a Black Friday shopper even back when it was actually on Friday, ha!  I try to get most of my shopping done the week of Thanksgiving and usually spend any birthday money I have during the sale.  

Do you listen to holiday music before or after Thanksgiving?

I haven't exclusively started listening to Christmas music, but I don't mind it when I walk in a store and hear it! I will start next week probably listening to it more.  I like to find the channels on XM radio and listen. 

This was a fun post to talk about the holidays!

14 comments:

  1. This was a fun post! The drink you mentioned sounds really good. I may make that this year. The Rolo pretzels bites are so good. I have not made them in a few years but I may have to change that. This whole season will likely present some emotional challenges- I pray for you and others that I know who are going through something similar feel God´s peace and love, through him and through others who love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a delicious drink! Thank you for your prayers this holiday season.

      Delete
  2. We always have that combination of juice/ginger ale in a punch bowl on Christmas day. It's so good! It's hard when Christmas looks different than we'd like or imagined. One day at a time is a good mantra to keep. Your post reminded me of a recipe I used to make with the little peppers. I think mine had shredded chicken in them too. I need to dig that recipe out of the files. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so refreshing? That recipe with chicken in the peppers sounds good too. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. Thanks friend and I would love to catch up! No, I haven't even decided what to wear tonight. I obviously will pull something from my closet at this point :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your birthday is a holiday in November - mine is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolo Pretzels are a fave here too! Your cocktail looks and sounds delish :) You go this Mama- will pray for you XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Snacks and cocktails will help too :)

      Delete
  6. I mix cranberry and OJ year round; in fact I once had a waitress ask me what I was drinking when we were at Disney with our boys. I love the tartness of cranberry juice but can't drink it plain. Your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good one to try and I usually buy the sugar free/low sugar versions of the drinks.

      Delete
  7. The Christmas drink sounds similar to the one I posted. I don't think many people send cards anymore. It's kind of sad, but also we can see pictures on social media whenever we want.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That punch sounds so good! I forgot about the pretzel rolos! Some years I use the yellow, orange, brown for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to all of the sparkly things for holiday get togethers! I love something sparkly, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...