Thursday, November 7, 2024

Share Your Shelf ~ November 2024

 Good morning!  Join Tanya, Jennifer, Joanne and I with November's edition of Share Your Shelf by linking below the books you read this month...or are currently reading :)


As always, I feel like I share the book I started and didn't finish, the book I am currently reading and the book I did finish!  This may become my new trend, ha!

This is the book I was reading for my book club.  I got a few chapters into the book, was triggered (which is easily done these days) & stopped reading the book.  I will just go for the food and discussion for this book when we meet!

This is the book I am currently reading and do plan on finishing this one. It has a lot of good truths so far.

I wanted a holiday book and this one was what I was looking for to read!  It has references to North Carolina, SCAD and New York City, all which resonate with me because I lived in North Carolina, my daughter goes to SCAD and NYC is my favorite city in the world! Clearly, this book takes place at Christmas time too.  It is about a brother and sister who go to the big city to sell Christmas trees.  Along the way, friendships and love are found.  It read a little like a Hallmark movie, although it does have some cursing throughout, but not too bad.

I may try to find another light hearted holiday book.  I hope I can find some recommendations through your posts or let me know if you have one to share in the comments!

Have a great day!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

15 comments:

  1. The Lisa TK book sounds good! The rom com one sounds cute. I hope you find some more books that you like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only thought our book club book was mediocre. Definitely not my favorite Agatha Christie book this time. I started a holiday book yesterday! You should check out Pamela Kelley's books; she has a great series based on Nantucket, and she has some Christmas ones as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read The Murder at the Vicarage this year. It was ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read another book by Lysa Terkeurst way back and there were a lot of good takeaways from it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read that Christmas book last year and thought it was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I've read The Murder at the Vicarage but I don't remember anything about it! Haha It's been a minute. I saw that Christmas book a lot last year and it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Murder at the Vicarage many years ago, but really don't remember anything about it. It is quite easy to be triggered by books these days. I'm on the hunt for Christmas reading so will check this out.
    Jen - bestbookishblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there is so much content out there, I am lookin go for some new holiday books.

      Delete
  8. I don't think I've read any of Agatha Christie's books. My sister loves them!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...