Welcome December! November is my favorite month of the year, but I am glad for December to be here too. My goodness, where does the time and years go? I am not sad to see this year go, but I have had more growth this year than I ever anticipated, so I am thankful for that.
Here is a little weekend update and I will be back tomorrow with a Thanksgiving recap.
I purchased Color Street real nail polish strips at a recent Christmas market & gave them a try. I am 5 days with these on now and there is just a minor chip, so I am pleased. These are an easy peel and application to the nails with no damage. They are actually removed with regular nail polisth remover because it is real nail polish. I bought a few other colors too and hope I have found a new way to do my nails!
Friday, I went to a few stores with my daughters and my niece and it was crazy with full parking lots and long lines at the stores. I came home and finished all my Christmas shopping, with the exception of a few gift cards, online. Once all the gifts arrive, I will begin wrapping. My oldest left late Friday night, so it was a short visit with her again.
Saturday, we took my niece to the airport and we went to see my parents, who weren't feeling so great. Brook and I picked up some lunch to go then met friends for the afternoon showing of Wicked.
My lunch was healthy and delcious - zuchinni noodles, kale, sweet potates, onions and peppers
We loved Wicked and the cinematography really stood out to me. Everyone who had a singing role was so talented, which is sometimes hard to find in musical films.
Saturday night, I went in my full on casual wear to hang out with Jennifer for a few hours. Her sweet Chloe really is such a sweet dog!
Speaking of sweet dogs, I had my old dog back home for the week as we kept him for the holiday week. While it was extra work, it was fun to have him around for the week.
I went to church Sunday morning and spent the rest of the day at home. I did laundry and it felt good to just be at home and feel a little more caught up on the little things. I made soup for lunch and this simple pizza wrap for dinner.
I sprayed my pan with oil, sprinkled it with mozzarella cheese and put a healthy/keto tortilla on top. I let the cheese melt then flipped the tortilla. I spread a little pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni and more shredded cheese in the center then rolled up the tortilla. It was a good quick snack/dinner.
I am back to work today and will face a few more hard things this week. However, I know I will make it through when I think about how far I have come and other things I have survived.
Happy Monday & December!



I have only heard good things about Wicked! I am glad that you enjoyed it. Your food pics look really good. I want to try that pizza wrap! I will be thinking of you and praying for you this week. Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteI liked the movie and now have to wait a year for the 2nd half. I thought they developed the story well in this first movie. Thanks and you too!
DeleteI am excited to see Wicked. I love that you came over so casual on Saturday, because I sure was with my wet hair and no makeup. Chloe loves you as much as I do! I am praying for your day today and the week; I am here if you need me, my friend. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThank you friend!
DeleteSending prayers for whatever comes your way this week. Sounds like you've had such a great Thanksgiving weekend! And you are so brave getting out into the Black Friday holiday shopping madness! Lol! I'm glad you and Jennifer got some time together as well. I know these holidays are rough firsts for y'all, but I know having someone who understands...truly understands...is a huge comfort.
ReplyDeleteSending you strength for the week but know you will crush it as you have this year in general! Glad you were surrounded by some of your people this weekend XO
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Holly! One day at a time....
DeleteI swear by Colorstreet wraps and have had them last up to 10 days before (though my average is about 5-6... mostly because I start picking at them by then). It sounds like you had a lovely celebration with family and friends. Your zucchini lunch looks so yummy! I am craving all things veggie today after eating so much junk over the long weekend.
ReplyDeleteOh, that's good to know! Yes, it felt good to eat vegetables. I felt like everything I ate Thanksgiving was white or brown, ha!
DeleteSorry there are so many difficult things to face right now, but you are doing it and that's something. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I'd like to see Wicked but haven't managed it yet. We have something almost every night this week so not sure it will happen. My daughter is in Ooltewah : ) Maybe our paths will cross in Chattanooga one day. Hope this week has many bright spots amidst the hard.
ReplyDeleteThanks Joyce. I am taking it one moment at a time. I did enjoy the weekend. My daughter and I looked at our schedule and it is busy for the next few weeks leading up to Christmas. Ootlewah is a nice area and it woudl be great to meet you sometime.
DeleteI'm looking forward to seeing Wicked sometime soon. It seems like everyone is more excited about shopping in person this year, as I have seen lots of crowded parking lots. Hope you have a good week - I'm continuing to pray for your strength.
ReplyDeleteThanks Tanya.
DeleteI love that nail color! I always love a good neutral like that! And wasn't Wicked just fantastic?! I want to go see it again! Olivia and I have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop!
ReplyDeleteWe came home singing Defying Gravity the rest of the night!
Delete