Friday, February 14, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ February 14, 2025

 Happy Friday!  I am sharing some updates from the week.  It was a busy, long week for me.

I served breakfast at the local hospital and it is always a fun morning.  It was decorated for Valentine's Day!

I finished up my strength training workouts this week.  I am going to try to continue this, but will do so at a different gym.  It was great to have a personal trainer for the month to teach me some correct movements.

I picked out a plant and a gift card and delivered this to a family my daughter babysits for because they just had a new baby.

I was able to get a lot of work done this week!

My in-laws were in town this week so I met them for dinner last night. I am thankful for the time I had with them.

Other highlights were a quick trip to Oxford to see a friend, yogurt with a co-worker, and lunch with a lday who mentors both of my girls. I have been tired this week and hope to have a little more time at home this weekend and next week.

I hope you all feel loved and have a great weekend!





24 comments:

  1. Good for you on the strength training. I am trying to get back into that as well, but I just use machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably start using machines at the new gym. Either way is great for you!

      Delete
  2. I love the pictures of you doing that training! I'm so proud of you. I hope that you're able to get more time at home (along with some rest) this weekend and week. I just watched the news, and guess when the severe weather starts tomorrow? Right when the service starts at church. We can keep an eye on it, but you won't want to be out in that. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for the update. I will let you know. Thanks friend!

      Delete
  3. That large heart display at the hospital is so festive and pretty- I love the colors and shapes of Valentine's Day :). Good job on the strength training! Lookin' strong! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am trying to be more aware of this to be healthier in the next 10-40 years!

      Delete
  4. Working out without shoes seems scary! But good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually said if you don't have the right kind of soles on your shoes, it is better to take them off, which is why I didn't have on shoes. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I’ve been working out with weights as well and it feels so good! You go girl! Those valentine decorations at the Hospital breakfast were so pretty! I hope you have the sweetest Valentine’s Day & weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that Valentine display at the hospital?! Also, you are such a bad ass! I've started going to the Y. Right now I'm just doing the machines and the eliptical and bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Well thanks! I will probably go back to doing machines at a new gym to me.

      Delete
  7. Wow, that's a lot of weight, I'm so impressed! I've been reading so much about how important weight training is for women as we age but I haven't been able to get motivated to join a gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I am hoping to keep this up at some level at least.

      Delete
  8. I've been tired this week too. We have had gray weather, and the allergy counts are through the roof. Maybe that's why. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainy, gray weather defintiely makes me even more tired, and lazy too!

      Delete
  9. It sounds like you had a busy but rewarding week! Great job finishing your strength training - those weights look so heavy! I hope you get the rest you deserve this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am hoping to rest well tonight. You too!

      Delete
  10. I hope you find time to rest this weekend. I intend to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to hopefully sleeping well tonight & hope you are enjoying your weekend!

      Delete
  11. What lovely decorations for Valentine's Day at the hospital.
    Well done with your work at the gym, it sounds like you have learned a lot from having a personal trainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was good to learn some basic skills on weights. Hope you are having a good day!

      Delete
  12. Great job on the strength training! I really need to do more of that, but it's my least favorite kind of workout. And it also tends to increase my neck tension, but that's probably because I'm doing the motions wrong. Maybe I should work with a trainer sometime, too, to get the proper technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I had a trainer to help get me started. Now to just continue the journey!

      Delete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...