Friday, February 21, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ February 21, 2025

 Happy Friday to you!  I hope you have had a good week and here is an update of a few favorites from the week.  

Monday

I went to the gym, which was a first visit for me.  After using some of the machines, I used their hydromassage bed.  I cranked that up to 10 for pressure and enjoyed 10 minutes of relaxation.
I could even watch peaceful beach scenes!

Meanwhile, 150 bags of leaves had been raked from my front and back yard and stacked on the street.  I am thankful for help to do this.

Tuesday 

I worked a half day due to other obligations that morning. By 3:30, I was in comfy clothes and spent my evening talking on the phone, watching tv and I cooked myself breakfast for dinner.

Wednesday

I woke up to several inches of snow! It is sure pretty, but honestly thankful it will be short lived. I made 2 loaves of sourdough, soup and cottage cheese brownies. I got a notification from my ring camera in the middle of the night because of the snow falling!
Snow covered bags of leaves :)
the neighborhood lake

Recipe for the cottage cheese brownies:
 Preheat oven to 350
Grease an 8x8 pan
Mix the following in a large bowl with a hand mixer:
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup of sugar substitue
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder

Fold in chocolate chips, if you would like and pour into prepared pan.  Bake for about 30 minutes until done.

I made this salad for dinner Wednesday night.  It was lettuce mix, tomatoes, avocado, grilled chicken and ginger dressing.

Thursday

Yesterday was a rough day for me at work.  It made for a long day, with a few tears.  I served dinner at the hospital and it was great to have Jenn join me again. After some exhaustion, I had a good conversation with a friend and it was a great way to end the day.

Friday

Here is hoping it is a good weekend! 

I hope you have one as well!








19 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the rough day at work- I have had a few of them at school and know how frustrating they can be. I'm glad that the day was redeemed for you! That snow sure is pretty! I hope it's all gone by now :). Your salad looks good and healthy! Have a great weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so thankful for the redemption at the end of the day for sure. I enjoyed seeing the snow and a lot has melted and will by the weekend. Enjoy yours as well!

      Delete
  2. Those cottage cheese brownies sound really good! I'm so glad for the time we had together this week and am excited to see and talk more tonight. Yay for friends who help us end our days on a high note! I'm still laughing over us squealing in the hospital like twelve year old girls. 🤣 Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a refreshing feeling! Love you friend!

      Delete
  3. Your dinners look really good. We had more snow this week too but it's supposed to warm up next week so I guess it will turn to mud soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, our snow will be probably melted by today or tomorrow as temperatures are getting warmer.

      Delete
  4. We had snow this week too. I'm over it! But it's supposed to be warm next week. I can't wait! Time spent with good a good friend is enough to turn any bad day around. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for that yummy brownie recipe! I'll definitely give that a try. Sorry to hear you had a rough day at work yesterday and I sure hope today is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember tears on my way home from work and sometimes on my way that’s why after a couple decades of loyalty. Mr. Nine said go ahead and early retire and it was one of the best days of my life! I’m so sorry it was a bad day for you. I hope you get some rest and relaxation and my goodness that Hydro massage bed sounds great! I will try your cottage cheese brownies, I have been loving putting cottage cheese in the things for that added protein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, what a nice day that must have been! I am planning on brownies and another hydro massage today :). Yes, cottage cheese is living its best life right now, ha!

      Delete
  7. The hydromassage bed sounds amazing and yum, breakfast for dinner is such a lovely treat!
    The snow looks so pretty, especially the icicles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoyed my breakfast for dinner! I hope to go back for another hydromassage today. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love breakfast for dinner! Those brownies sound good. Raking leaves is a lot of work, I'm glad you had some help. The snow looked pretty, I'm always happy when it is short lived too. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were! Yes, I am thankful for the help. Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

      Delete
  10. Wow! That's a lot of leaves! The snow juuuusssttt missed us again! I have a friend who lives in Southaven and she teaches and she was so excited for two snow days! Haha! I do hope everything is ok by now with the work situation. I know some days are just tough and a good cry just helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many! Yes, schools were out, but thankfully the roads weren't too bad. A good cry is therapeutic for sure!

      Delete
  11. I can't believe how many leaves you bagged!! And goodness, I'm tired of the cold winter. I'm so ready for sunshine and warmth!

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...