Happy Wednesday! Thanks to all who said a prayer for me yesterday. I am still in the midst of some legal battles, but one day at a time. Maybe 2026 will be my fresh start year? Meanwhile, onto Hodgepodge!
2. Have you visited many (or any) of the US Presidents homes, monuments, libraries or related sites? If so what's been your favorite? Are there any you particularly want to see? Here's a link to presidential sites listed by state which is kind of fun to read-Presidential Places by State. And since several bloggers who participate in the HP each week live outside the US, here's a link to Presidential Places Outside the US. Have you seen any of those?
The Hermitage - Nashville, TN
Mount Vernon & Monticello - Virginia
the memorials & monuments located in Washington, DC
3. February 20th is National Cherry Pie Day...will you celebrate? Given your choice of cherry pie, cherry cobbler, cheesecake with a cherry topping, or black forest cake which would you choose?
I am not a huge cherry fan, so I would choose just a cheesecake. If I were to choose a topping for cheesecake, it would be strawberry. I guess I won't be celebrating this week!
4. Last time you worked a puzzle of some kind? Something that had you puzzled recently?
I worked a few Christmas puzzles and currently have one in progress, but haven't touched it in a few weeks. Also, how are groceries seemingly getting more expensive? And housing, the prices of housing is so puzzling to me how expensive apartments and houses are these days.
A few things that have have me puzzled...how I ended up at this stage of life, but I am accepting it and moving forward day by day.
5. Of the early blooming flowers (January-early March depending on your zone) which one's your favorite?
snowdrops, lenten roses, pansies, violets, snapdragons, reticulated iris, crocus, winter jasmine
All of these are so pretty. I think the pansies seem to be the most hardy in this area. I have a few daffodils that bloomed during some warmer weather last week, but now we have freezing temperatures this week.
Do you have any of these in your own yard/garden?
I don't yet, but hope to plant some in a pot this spring.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My song for the week to share is called "Don't Lose Hope". This is a song my daughter shared with me a few weeks ago and it is now on my favorite playlist.

Those lyrics are really good- I'm going to look that song up. Thanks for sharing the lyrics. That is really cool that you saw some daffodils already! Agree about the prices of everything going up. I am ready for a nice drop in prices in every area! I feel badly for people starting out and needing to buy a house or even rent a place. I hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteIt is a great song! Enjoy your day!
DeleteI hope your legal issues get resolved soon. I am the same way with getting rid of things. We downsized last year and going through the kids' stuff and photos are the hardest for me. I still have crates full of photos that need to be digitized. What a pretty song! I hope you're off to a great week!
ReplyDeleteI agree that pictures are hard and I don't have the printed ones digitized. Thanks Heather.
DeleteMy daffodils are up but not blooming yet. We're going to have frigid weather too so we'll see how they do. They're pretty hardy but if the cold lasts too long I'm not sure they'll make it. I am buying so many groceries with a full house right now. My daughter and I go together so she's contributing, but we both leave the store kind of shell shocked. I hope all is resolved sooner rather than later, but know anything legal plods rather than races. Take care and have a nice day. I love the song lyrics!
ReplyDeleteSuch a true statement about legal things. I bet that is a lot feeding so many people. I am sure the kitchen feels like a revolving door! Enjoy your day too!
DeleteThose song lyrics are beautiful. Daffodils are blooming here!
ReplyDeleteI found them so encouraging!
DeleteCan you give the childhood stuff for your oldest to her yet? She probably doesn't have much space. My parents dropped off black trashbags to me. Lol.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great!
Thanks Amy! I am trying to condense their stuff into one or two bins. Right now, she doesn't have much place. I will wait until she gets an attic of her own, ha!
DeleteI hope you legal battles are resolved soon.
ReplyDeleteAhh! I am a pack rat when it comes to getting rid of my girls childhood things. I won't part with them.
It's the same here in the UK, everything seems to be going up in price but no increase to the national wage. Ugh.
Those song lyrics are beautiful!
It is a beautiful song! Oh that's a bummer prices are going up there as well. It is hard to part with those childhood things! Thanks and have a good day Kim!
DeleteI might be a pack rat too.
ReplyDeleteI am trying to do better each year to get rid of things!
DeleteI would pick the cheesecake too; because then I could at lest scrape the cherries off and just enjoy the cheesecake!🤣
ReplyDeleteYes, I will share it with you!
DeleteHi, I am not a big fan of cherries as well.
ReplyDeleteI am sending you extra hugs.
Carla
Thanks Carla! It seems like cherries are a hit or miss.
DeleteI agree that groceries and housing prices are crazy right now. I had a shock when I went apt hunting with G last year. It is so hard to downsize all the sentimental things. Stay warm in the snow!
ReplyDeleteYes, the costs are crazy! It is cold one more time here. I am back inside staying warm.
DeleteI'm with you on the cheesecake. I'm going to look up that song!!
ReplyDeleteI have loved listening to it! Have a good day!
DeleteI hope things get better for you soon! You have been in my prayers. <3
ReplyDelete