Wednesday, March 12, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ March 12, 2025

Welcome to Wednesday Hodgepodge!  How is your week going so far? Looking forward to reading your answers to below.  


1. March 15th is known as The Ides of March, the date on which Julius Caesar was assassinated in 44 B.C....have you ever been to Rome? If so what did you love most about the city? If not, is this a place you'd like to visit? 

I have not been to Rome or anywhere in Italy.  I have been to Europe a few times, but never to Italy.  I would like to see it, but I have a few other places ahead of Italy on my European bucket list such as Spain/Portugal and I have always wanted to take my girls to Austria for a Sound of Music tour!  Speaking of which, did you know last Sunday was the 60th anniversary of the movie?  

2. 'Rome wasn't built in a day.' What project/activity/improvement (of any kind) do you have going on right now to which this saying might be applied? 

I am currently going through all the things in my house with the hope of putting it up for sale soon.  It definitley takes time and motivation to do these tasks.  I have been working through some other legal things lately and that for sure wasn't built in a day.  

3. Let's do a little this or that with some Italian foods...

Caprese salad or Prosciutto with melon? caprese salad

Bruschetta or Antipasto? bruschetta

lasagne or ravioli? lasagna

bolognese or Carbonara? carbonara

Risotto or gnocchi? risotto

tiramisu~gelato~cannoli? gelato

4. Of the colors red, white, and green which would I find most prevalent in your home? Which one do you think is most flattering to you in terms of your wardrobe? Have you ever had your colors done? Is that something you'd be interested in doing? 

In past homes, I would have said red.  Today, I would say white would be found more in my home.  I would also say I have more white in my wardrobe, but I have gradually added in a few more green pieces.  Maybe the green is a little more flattering?  I haven't had my colors done before.  We actually just got a group offer at work a few weeks ago to have this done, but it was still a little too expensive for me.

5. Life would be boring without_my girls and my friends!


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Today is my sister's 58th birthday! I am so thankful for the fun we have had and how she welcomes me into her family events.  Lord knows I love her grandchildren like my own!


Have a great Wednesday!


 

20 comments:

  1. Aw, happy birthday to your sister! I've seen so many bloggers Austria trips and the photos always look so amazing. I was such a huge Sound of Music fan.. so much so that the "real" story behind the Von Trapp family was a bit disappointing (though I did visit their lodge in Vermont).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Austria does look like a beautiful place! I would love to visit the Vermont lodge. I just escape to the movie version of the family :).

      Delete
  2. Austria is a beautiful place. We didn't do the tour due to a conflict BUT we did find out that the Austrian people have a different opinion about it than we do.
    Happy birthday to your sister! I really enjoyed seeing all of your photos today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is so interesting to hear. Thanks Lisa and enjoy your day!

      Delete
  3. So many great photos! Austria would be so cool. We could see Austria from the train in southern Germany.
    You are doing great at clutter clearing and with being patient through the legal stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is crazy how much paperwork I have saved over the years!

      Delete
  4. I would love to do a Sound of Music tour! My dad did that and loved it so much; that was "our" movie. I loved all the pictures of your girls, and all the ones of your friends. I'm so honored to be in those! It's funny that my answer was the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your sister! Sisters are such a gift. Austria is one of my favorites. We did the Sound of Music tour on one trip there and it is a lot of fun. Salzburg is one of my favorite cities in Europe. Their Christmas market is beautiful too! Good luck with the house, prepping it to sale and then all that comes along with that. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are! Oh, that is good to know about the tour. Maybe we need to go closer to Christmas one year.

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to your sister. Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your sister, I love all the photos. I love the one with your short haircuts. SO CUTE!!!
    Sending prayers,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Yes, I used to wear my hair much shorter in a pixie cut.

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday to your sister! It's lovely that you are so close.
    Lovely photo's of your girls, it looks like they have lots of fun together.
    I can't believe the sounds of music is that old, such a classic musical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your sister. I love all the pictures, and how sweet that I am in one of them! I have been to Austria and the Sound of Music tour...definitely worth a big trip to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday to your sister and great selection of photos you shared. We've been to Austria but didn't do the tour. We did go to a Sound of Music sing along once which was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to your sister! I love all the photos you shared - each one portrayed so much joy and warmth. I would also like to do a Sound of Music tour, since I was always a big fan of that movie. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sound of Music is one of my favorites! I remember going to the movies to see it with my family when it came out in the 60’s. I enjoyed all your pictures. Especially the one with the Christmas tree in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your answers..happy late birthday to your sister. I would love for my sister and I to be close but sadly we have never been. I still hold out hope though.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...