Wednesday, March 19, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ March 19, 2025

 Hi friends!  I have a daughter at home this week and I am thankful, even if she has been out several of those nights!  I am joining for the Hodgepodge this week.  



1. I write the Hodgepodge questions so they'll post on Sunday, which sometimes throws me off in terms of what day it is. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated on Monday, March 17th. Did you mark the day in some way? Wear green? Make a special meal? Watch or participate in a parade? 
I wore green, but didn't participate in any festivities. 


2. Do you think luck plays a part in your life? Explain. 

I think ultimately God is control of my life, but I always appreciate well wishes and like to extend the same to friends.

3. Of the 15 green foods listed, which one is your favorite and how do you like it prepared? Any on the list that are a hard no for you? In general do you like fruits and veggies? As a kid did you eat them willingly or did you hide peas in your napkin hoping your momma wouldn't see? 

Asparagus, avocado, broccoli, celery, cucumber, grape, green bean, kale, kiwi, lettuce, lime, 
pear, peas, pistachios, spinach

My favorite of these would be avocado.  The hard no for me would be green beans.  I don't like celery, pears or cucumber either, but I could make it through those, but not green beans.  It all goes back to a childhood story.  

4. What's something that makes you 'turn green'? (with envy or with illness... whichever way you want to run with it)

When I am faced with reality of seeing certain people (or their cars in certain driveways) makes me want to vomit.  

5. Did you spend a lot of time outdoors as a child? Doing what? Do you spend a lot of time outdoors now? Doing what? 

I went camping as a child, but we had either a travel trailer or a pop-up camper.  We had a travel trailer when the girls were younger.  I like to go to parks and take easy walks/light hikes.  I also enjoy just making a fire in the backyard on these cooler nights.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

This is a random favorite to share from last week.  I mentioned a few weeks ago I couldn't get my wireless headphones to connect to my phone.  I had a gift card to Marshalls so I picked up these earbuds for $20 and they working perfectly so far.  I haven't been on board with the earbud trend all these years, but have enjoyed these a few times already.  I am thankful for the little things that bring me joy!


Hope your day is full of joy and thanks for reading!


19 comments:

  1. I bought a cheap pair of ear buds once. They lasted close to two years, I think. I was gifted a better quality pair for which I am grateful now to have. So many people like avocado. I can barely stomach the sight of it, though I do for my family's sake- everyone likes it except for me! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems like a good run on the earbuds. It seems like you are definitely not alone on not liking avocado. I began eating it as an adult.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you got some ear buds and I hope they last a bit.
    I am sorry about you feeling sick at the sight of certain people or cars. I get that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having issues with my earbuds as well and have GOT to figure out what is going on with them and my phone! I feel you on the certain people/cars in driveways. UGH. I can't wait for our morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad we went today! Maybe one of the boys can help you with your technology.

      Delete
  4. I bought ear buds in September for the first time and wear them when I'm walking. I miss the days of my earphones plugging in to my phone. I'm old I guess lol. I did wear them in the house yesterday while I was cooking so I could finish a book I was listening to and other people had the tv on. That was nice. So sorry for what turns you green. I think that's an understandable feeling. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found ear buds that are working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to have your daughter home.
    I tried avocado once, years ago and wasn't keen, I think it's something I need to try again.
    I am glad you got yourself sorted with some wireless headphones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I am reading that most people here don't like avocadoes, so you are not alone!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I still need to find some good ear buds.
    Sending you a hug... I am sorry about what turns you green.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, me too. Maybe you can find a good pair og earbuds from Amazon.

      Delete
  8. I took forever to finally jump on the earbud bandwagon too but I do like them for when I'm cleaning and I've used them on planes a few times (it helps drown out the noise of those poor babies when their ears are hurting). I think the only one from the list of greens I don't like is avocado... I just don't like the texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first pair of earbuds. Avocadoes are so good for us, but I didn't eat them when I was younger.

      Delete
  9. Those look similar to the earbuds I have from Amazon. I think they were around $20 and work great. I just wouldn't want to worry about losing an expensive pair. When I saw the list of green fruits and veggies, I have to admit I wasn't very excited about any of them! Ugh, hate that you are turning green about that issue. Can't imagine how hard that is. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't want to lose an expensive pair of earbuds either. Thanks friend. See you soon!

      Delete
  10. I couldn't live without my earbuds! I use them every day when I work out and a lot of the time when I clean the house. I was so grateful when they finally invented cordless ones!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...