Wednesday, April 2, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ April 2, 2025

 Happy Hodgepodge Wednesday!



1. No foolin'! April is here. What's one fun thing on your April calendar? 

I have not one, but two trips planned for April!!  The first is to meet my girls and see some extended family.  The second is a girls trip with some people y'all just may know! I will share more about that of course later in the month.

2. It's often said, 'A fool and his money are soon parted'...what's the last thing you wasted money on? 

I am trying to not be too wasteful these days with money.  The first thing that comes to mind is buying snacks I don't need.  

3.  April 2nd is National DIY day. Are you a do-it yourself kind of person? If so, what's the last thing you DIY-ed. If you're not a DIY-er what's the most recent job you had to hire someone to complete? 

I will do some painting and random fix it things around the house since I live alone.  The most recent job someone was hired to do was to rake and bag all of the leaves in my yard.  The last thing I painted was some panels on my back porch that had never been painted.  I will try to remember to take pictures and post them on Friday.

4. Do you eat lamb? If so do you have a favorite dish that calls for lamb? 

I do not like lamb.  I do not plan on trying lamb.  I will not eat lambs or dishes that calls for lamb. Sam I am. 

5. Do you fit a stereotype in some way? Explain. 

I definitely fit the stereotype of enneagram 2.  According to AI, here is  a description:

In the Enneagram system, a Type 2, often called "The Helper" or "The Giver," is characterized by a strong desire to be loved and needed, leading them to be empathetic, nurturing, and generous, but potentially also people-pleasing and self-sacrificing. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I am honestly dreading the amount of rain we are expected to get between now and Sunday.  I realize we need the rain, but I am hoping it won't be as constant or strong storms as predicted.  As the old saying goes, April showers brings May flowers!

Thanks for reading and have a good day!

23 comments:

  1. I just checked our forecast and it's similar. Yikes- so much rain in the next few days. They will be good ones to hunker down inside. I am with you on the snacks. One thing with rising prices is that it's easier for me to say "no" and not buy something because of the two way punch of being expensive and bad for me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point on the snacks! Stay safe and dry these next few days!

      Delete
  2. I feel the same about lamb! I am also a 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far, three of us have mentioned our trip! And your "Sam I am" comment legit made me laugh. I don't like lamb one bit, so you're not missing anything, I assure you. I'm dreading all the rain and was just hoping the same thing! It scares me that we have days of potentially bad weather, like I just heard the weatherman say on Channel 5. Ugh! I can't stay at home all that time, so I will have to get out in it some. Enneagram 2 fits you to a T. I don't a lot about the other numbers, only the 1's and 9's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that made you laugh! Hope y'all are staying safe and having fun over there!

      Delete
  4. Your plans for April sound very exciting!
    Ahh! It is so easy to buy snacks, not needed but essential at the same time. hehehe
    Eek! I hope you don't get too much rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am the same way with lamb! We were supposed to have rain for 7 straight days and I think it lasted all of a day and half and then we had some cloudy skies and now it's sunny. Hopefully you'll get enough rain but it will clear away quickly. I love those sunny spring skies even when I know we probably need the rain. I always hope it will rain at night and be sunny during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I always hope the same thing that I will wake up and all the rain would have come and gone. I am glad you are getting a taste of spring.

      Delete
  6. Yay for the fun April days ahead. :-)
    We have more snow... yep it snowed last night, no foolin' !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a fun April coming up (except the rain). I painted our front door this week, I guess I should have waited until today but I'm glad that DIY is done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have fun on your April trips.
    I was just thinking about that April showers saying today as we are having unusually sunny warm weather for the UK, I hope the rain isn't as bad as forcast for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can imagine how beautiful the sunshine is there. Thanks for stopping by and have a good day!

      Delete
  9. We've been dealing with awful fires in our area and could use more rain. We got some which helped, but more would be better. I hope you don't have all that you're expecting. Your blogging trip sounds like so much fun! And seeing your own girls is always a bright spot in any month. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the rain helps as that area has been hit so hard the past 6 months. I am looking forward to both trips! Thanks Joyce for hosting this.

      Delete
  10. I saw that Nashville has a tornado watch, so hope you don't get the strong storms. I was laughing at the lamb comments! I think I am probably a "2" also. Can't wait for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you will be okay weather wise. I liked your lamb poem! I am cutting back too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm cracking up at your #4. I feel the same way! And that was a hilarious way to end the paragraph! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...