Wednesday, April 9, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ April 9, 2025

 Good morning!  I'm joing in with Joyce on this week's hodgepodge edition.

1. What's a lesson you've learned from a mistake? 

A few things come to mind that I have learned......
I don't have to say everything I think.
I don't have to entertain everything said to me with a response, especially if I know it is unture and hurtful.
A man and woman shoudn't work exclusively by themselves.
My worth is not based on what anyone else says/does.

2. Do you salt food while you're cooking or let diners add their own?  What's a food you think must be salted? Do you like pepper? 

I am about 50/50 as to when I salt food as a I cook.  Of course, I would have to cook to add salt, ha, ha!  I actually did cook some egg bites last Sunday and cooked pork chops on Monday and I didn't salt either.  However, I added Everything But the Bagel to the pork chops, so I do like seasonings.  I don't have a food that I think must be salted.  I do like pepper and use it on baked potatoes.

3. What was the last gathering you attended and what did you do there? 

The last few gatherings I went to were church on Sunday, community group Sunday night and I went to an elementary school production of Finding Nemo Jr. Monday night.  I was basically a sitting participant at church and helped with cleaning up/tear down afterwards since we don't have a permanent building.  I brought roasted veggies to my community group and just enjoyed the play Monday night.  

4. Your favorite shade of purple? What's your favorite purple flower? 

As a child, my favorite purple was Donny Osmond purple.  Any young Osmond fan knew purple was his favorite color! These days, I think lavendar is such a pretty color, although I don't wear that color.  When I think of a purple flower, I think of a pretty Iris flower.
This is my sister and I from probably 7 or 8 years ago when we saw Donny & Marie in our area.  We had been to Las Vegas the year before and met them at their residency show, so we wore our t-shirts to this concert.  They are really good entertainers.

5. Share a favorite spring travel memory. 
Two trips come to mind....
First, my youngest daughter and I went to Pawhuska, Oklahoma in 2019 (I think) to visit Pioneer Woman's lodge and mercantile/restaurant. We had so much fun, but it was sure full of the Oklahoma winds!

While living in Bogota, Colombia, we took a family vacation one Spring Break to Cartagena.  This was such a great trip.  It is a beautiful city and felt good to be able to travel on our own within the country. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 
About a month ago, my oldest daughter shared this song with me and I love it.  It has meant so much to me:

"Don't Lose Hope" by Cochren & Co.

I wish that I could change the weather
Just to see your smiling face

You know I'm with you come whatever
We're gonna see the brighter days

Don't lose hope when the world is against you
Every high, every low, I am for you

Don't let go when you're at the end of your rope
I'll hold you, darlin', don't lose hope

I'll stay here with you 'til the morning breaks
Until the light moves past the dark

I'm gonna see you through this heartache
You're stronger than you think you are

We can make it out alive
Oh, you know that I believe it,

Even after the darkest night
Oh, the sun will shine and you'll feel it

Oh, don't lose hope, no, don't lose hope
Don't lose hope when the world is against you

Every high and every low, I am for you
Don't let go when you're at the end of your rope

I'll hold you, darlin', don't lose hope

Have a happy mid-week Wednesday!

24 comments:

  1. You've traveled to some neat places! I am with you on the salt and pepper. I like and use both. Sometimes I add less salt and let others add the salt amount that they'd like. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree....I let people salt their food to their liking! You too!

      Delete
  2. Cartagena - so cool! It reminds me of Crocodile Dundee - is that the right movie?
    I am the same - I don't always need to respond. Working on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to look that up about the movie, but it is definitely a neat place!

      Delete
  3. "I would have to cook to add salt." 🤣🤣 I almost said the exact same thing! I love seeing the pictures from the two spring trips. Such fun memories! Thanks for the song rec, I'm listening to it now. Love you, friend! Talk soon?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'd also have to cook to add salt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think learning we don't have to respond to everything said is a good lesson to learn. I was a Donny and Marie fan...I used to love their tv show. How fun to have seen them in person! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those looked like some fun trips!! I of course knew Donny Osmond's favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed learning about your trips. :-) And oh yes, Oklahoma winds. Thank you for sharing the song lyrics.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are fantastic life lessons!
    The gatherings that you attend sound wonderful.
    My mum was a big Donny Osmond fan so I know that purple. It must be where I get my love of purple.
    The lyrics to that song are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim and hope you have a good day! Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. I'm still working on not needing to respond with what I think, which is really important in having a good relationship with young adult children! I salt things lightly (when I cook). It's just right for me, and Michael usually adds more. I love seeing your travel memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya. I agree on that with our adult children.

      Delete
  10. I think I had Donny and Marie dolls when I was a kid and they had the BEST orange and purple outfits. Thanks for bringing that memory back for me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use lite salt which is half potassium (not for cooking) and great for limiting sodium intake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those song lyrics are beautiful! I'm heading straight to YouTube now so I can hear the song!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...