It is time for June's monthly edition of Monthly Musings talking about Summer Vacations.
1. Share your summer trips for 2025.
I had a quick visit this week to see my oldest daughter in Chattanooga and a trip to Kentucky to see a friend of mine I met while living in South America. She is in Kentucky this week for a visit and I drove to see her. More on this trip coming soon!
My other trip will be a quick beach trip with Jenn! We are excited to get away for a few days!
2. How do you manage the post vacation laundry?
It is pretty easy for me now. I just empty my packing cube into the hamper and wash sometime soon. When the girls were living at home, I would wash the next day or so and it was somewhat like a normal laundry day.
3. Most memorable summer vacation?
This has my head spinning in a good way because I have so many great vacation memories. As a child, most of them included camping trips in our camper. Once married, we traveled a lot and took our kids a lot of places as well. We had a camper for a few years when the girls were little which made traveling fun and easier. Since I worked as a travel agent on and off over the past 35 years, I use to receive some good benefits.
Any trip to NYC is memorable & probably the most memorable summer trip there was the first one with both my girls.
4. Do you cook or eat out on vacation?
I cook if I am at a place that has a full kitchen. Otherwise, I eat out most of the time. Regardless, I always bring snacks! If I am on a road trip, I will bring a bigger supply of snacks.
5. Are you an overpacker, underpacker or just right packer?
For the most part, I think I am just right. Sometimes, I do take an extra outfit I don't wear, but I would rather have it than not. That being said, if I know I am going somewhere I can easily purchase something, I don't worry too much if I have forgotten something.
6. Beach, lake or mountain?
I enjoy all 3! I think of the beach and lake more for the summer months and the mountains in the fall.
7. Road trip of fly?
If it is under 8 hours, I will drive. If it is much longer, I will probably fly. If I had someone with me and we had stops along the way, I could take a longer road trip. I enjoy both!
8. Favorite vacation activites?
I like to relax and sleep in, but I also like to be on the go! I like a plan, but I do also like a flexible schedule. Depending on the location, I enjoy a national park trail, whitewater rafting, an art museum, a broadway play, a wax museum, different restaurants, looking at local houses, an amusement park, a baseball game or other museums.
9. Best packing tips?
My best packing tip is one that probably so many of you do....packing cubes! I have had mine for years and originally bought them through a website that sells travel gear before Amazon or others had a version of them. I use them for hair items, different types of clothes, different days of clothes and then re-use them as dirty laundry bags midway through a trip.
10. Favorite road trip songs?
I like a mix of songs - it can be anything from worship, 80's, current music, country or broadway. I also listen to podcasts and a book if I am traveling alone.
Have a great day!

I enjoyed seeing your "snack love" in person in Kentucky! Speaking of Kentucky, how cool that you got to go back there this week and spend time with a good friend. Loved seeing your pics from NYC with your girls- no doubt your family was the beneficiary of good perks and tips from you being in the travel industry. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteYes, I so miss those travel perks!
DeleteYes to packing cubes! Love your NYC pics- such a great city- the girls were so young! :)
ReplyDeleteAlways a fun place and I love my packing cubes!
DeleteI love my packing cubes-- mostly for keeping the dirty clothes separate from the clean once we get where we're going. We love getting a place with a full kitchen so we can eat in and cook ourselves.
ReplyDeleteI agree!
DeleteI love NYC too. We lived outside the city two different times, once when my girls were really little, then as empty nesters which was really fun as it was easy for us to just pop in and do things without much planning. Those pics of your girls there are so cute. I'm glad you got to see your daughter, and catch up with a friend too. I am all about the road trip snacks : ) Have a nice summer!
ReplyDeleteOh, I always forget that y'all lived close to the city. How fun would that be.
DeleteI love those pictures of you with the girls in NYC! I love Isabella's sassy little pose. Travel memories always make me smile, and I'm really looking forward to the beach trip!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend! Ha, yes, we had some sass in NYC!
DeleteYou are having an exciting travel month! And, I guess next will be, too. Have so much fun this week!
ReplyDeleteI love all the trips, even for a night or two!
DeleteI just got home and had so much laundry to do! My kids don't have enough clothes, I guess.
ReplyDeleteHa, ha!
DeleteI have never thought of using the packing cubes as a laundry bag. Great idea! I loved hearing about all your travel. I feel the same about road trip if it is less than 8 hours.
ReplyDeleteIt is a nice way to use the bag at the end of a trip!
DeleteIt's been many years since I have visted Chattanooga! A beach trip sounds lovely. I hope you have a wonderful time. A lot of our vacations have been in the camper, too! So many amazing memories made while camping. We love Worship & 80's music, too!
ReplyDeleteIt is a such a fun town! Thanks and have a great day!
DeleteWe went to Chattanooga on our way back from college drop-off and loved it. Thanks for joining us this month.
ReplyDeletePacking cubes are the best, they make traveling much easier. Great NYC photos looks like a fun time and happy memories. NY is one of my favorite destinations.
ReplyDeleteSnacks on a road trip are a must! I feel like a 13 year old packing snacks when I'm on a road trip haha.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that you mentioned a baseball game as a good vacation activity! We've done lots of those and LOVED them!!!
ReplyDeleteNice post. I agree it is hard to pick out a "most memorable" vacation from a long period of time.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love the throwback pictures to your trip to NYC with your girls! Our first trip to NYC with both of our kids was probably one of my favorite trips of all-time, too! It's such a great city!
ReplyDelete