Friday, August 29, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ August 29, 2025

 Well, here we are at the end of the week and the end of the month.  September ushers in the season of fall, we feel it and begin to see it in October and November, which ushers in Christmas.  Y'all, then 2026 is coming!  Okay, I will slow down now and focus on a few favorites from the week and a few random favorites from the month.


I worked Monday morning and a favorite was being at the office alone and listening to Darius Rucker while working.  I enjoyed a long conversation with Tanya that afternoon and it was good to catch up with her, so that was a favorite!  Brook and I had dinner with my parents that night.

I worked Tuesday and Wednesday was a long day of legal proceedings for me.  I was so mentally tired that I laid down in bed at 5.  I didn't want to answer another question for the day.  

I discovered that Darius Rucker has a Christmas album, so I listened to that Wednesday night to relax.  Won't He do it?
Yes, Darius and Jesus are getting me through this week.  I have listened to Darius 90% of my music this week and no complaints from me.  My co-workers may be ready for some variety though, ha!  

I read these sayings and they were encouraging to me.  I think sometimes we all focus so much on what we accomplished.  This will give you freedom and grace from to-do list and what you accomplished lists!

A few other favorites this week was receiving a gift from a friend at my door when I came home from work Tuesday and a sweet card in the mail from Amy.  These were both so encouraging to me after a long day Wednesday and a rough few weeks.  Okay, years. I am so thankful for this and for a hug I can still get from Brook while she is at home!

A few highlights of this month have were spending time with both my girls when Isabella was home for a few days.  The four of us (the girls, my daughter's boyfriend, and myself) played cards one night and it was a lot of fun.  I was asked not to post any individual pictures!

And yes, my other highlight was seeing Darius.  It may be a while before I stop this obsession.  Sorry, not sorry.  

Have a great long weekend & thanks for reading!




17 comments:

  1. Aww man. I am glad you listened to your body and rested. And, Jesus and Darius sound like a great combo. Lol. I am glad my card timing was good and no, I didn't plan that. Hope you are feeling better and more rested. I also hope you have some fun weekend plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this recap of favorites from this week and month. It's funny how music makes us feel; I never would have guessed when we left your house on Saturday, that his music would impact you this much. Isn't it just like God to give us what we need when He knows we need it the most? And yes, won't He do it?! I love that saying, and am so glad that Darius was such a bright spot in your week. What perfect timing! Love you, sweet friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! It truly was the best night of the summer for me! Thank you and you too!

      Delete
  3. The sayings about rest are so true! I'm sorry your week included draining and stressful legal things you had to deal with. It sounds like at least you listened to some good music and you were reminded of seeing Darius in concert the weekend before. Playing card games is always fun- Jacob has promised me he'll play some games with me but so far we haven't :(. Alyssa and I played a lot over the summer! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing cards is a fun things the girls and I do. It gets us away from screens for a little while :). Thanks Maria and enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  4. Oh I need to check out Darius Rucker's Christmas album- thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lot of help getting through a hard week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did and am so thankful for my community of friends and family!

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear you had another rough legal day on Wednesday, but oh I really love those sayings about resting. What a great way to re-frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm enjoying your Darius obsession, so keep it coming! No complaints here! Haha. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved hearing about your week, and glad we got to catch up. I can't believe September is here. Once the 'ber months hit, the rest of the year flies by. I know your body and your spirit appreciated that evening of rest that you took. Enjoy the weekend and the time with Brook.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad Darius is helping you through! Sometimes we just need some good music and some good rest! Saying a prayer that the week ahead will be a smooth one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #9 in that last list - wow! A Holy Pause sounds amazing!! I sometimes play the same musical artist over and over - especially if I'm going through a hard time. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you are really loving Darius Rucker at the moment, how cool to discover he has a Christmas album. Sending love and hugs. It sounds like a rough week.

    ReplyDelete

  12. I can’t believe we’re already stepping into September either…it feels like this year is flying by! I love that Darius Rucker has been the soundtrack to your week…sometimes one artist just fits the mood perfectly (and now I want to check out his Christmas album!). It sounds like you had some really sweet encouragement in the form of gifts and cards too…those little gestures can mean so much after long, draining days. I’m glad you got some special family time this month as well…those simple nights playing cards and laughing together are always the best. Hoping September brings you more peace, joy, and uplifting moments like these!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...