Hi friends and Happy Monday!
I am sharing a little about my weekend with you today.
Thanks for reading!
Friday, I had a doctor's appointment then met my parents for lunch afterwards at Humdingers. Are you familiar with this chain? It serves fish and chicken and I have been a few times. Each time, the food has been really good. I had redfish with pineapple salsa and salad, which was delicious.
Later that evening, I had an early dinner with Jenn, taco soup and a margarita. She went out afterwards and I came home to relax. I have had a lot of things going on behind the scenes that are quite intense at the moment, so my bandwidth is pretty small these days.
As a Memphis girl, Saturday was the 48th commemoration of Elvis' death, so it is something I always recognize on 8/16.
I stayed inside all day Saturday trying to catch up on a few things at home. That night, I went with Jenn to see Teddy Swims. It was hot, but we had our fans and it was bearable. He puts on such a great show and has an incredible voice! His songs are full of big emotions and seem to come from a lot of hurts and joys as well. It had my mind and heart spinning.
The name of his tour is called, "I've Tried Everything but Therapy" since that is also the name of his most recent album. They had this wall there where you could write in your answer with chalk.
Jenn spent the night at my house since I still have an extra room for guests. We parted ways Sunday morning and both went to church. Afterwards, I went to a wedding shower for a former co-worker with my current co-workers.
I love what butterflies represent with new beginnings and love seeing them around the butterfly bush at my mailbox.
Can you see the one on the bush and the one that flew away?
I hope it is a beautiful day for you!




Hi Marilyn! It sounds like a great weekend! I remember touring Graceland and then I remember exactly where I was when it was announced that Elvis had died. I was 12 years old and by the reaction of the adults in the room, I thought the world was coming to an end :) I think he was gone way too soon. I also remember my mom and her best friend dressing up in "go-go boots" to go see Elvis in concert. I bet they had a great time :) I need to ask my mom about that and see what she says. And your butterfly plant is beautiful! Have a great week :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I would love to hear what her memories are from the concert! I saw him when I was 5! Thanks Debbie!
DeleteWhat a beautiful place, you can't beat butterflies and flowers.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteI love that last photo and I do see both butterflies. It sounds like you had a pretty good weekend with some fun events.
ReplyDeleteYes, a good mix of going out and being home :)!
DeleteI've been seeing more butterflies around my yard! Love what they represent. I am sorry for your behind the scenes stuff and continue to pray that that part of your life will be over soon. We don't have Humdinger's but that meal looks great! I made a filipino adobo pork with pineapple last night and it has potential. It was a little too salty but had good flavor. I love pineapple!
ReplyDeleteI hope this week is a good one for you and that you receive an answered prayer.
Thanks Amy. That does sound good! Seeing the butterflies makes me forget about the mosquitos, ha!
DeleteYou and Jenn look so good at the concert! I'm glad it was a good one. Your weekend sounds nice- you did a lot of fun things and got things done at home, too. Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteYes, thanks Maria!
DeleteWow that fish looks and sounds amazing. As I wrote on Jen's blog I am SO JEALOUS that you got to see Teddy Swims- he is a fave of mine! Sending you strength Mama- you got this XO
ReplyDeleteThanks Holly. He was such a great performer and singer!
DeleteI just noticed the cute glass your drink came in Friday night! I'm glad we did that, and I'm still thinking about the concert and listening to Teddy's music. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you in my life to do things like this with, friend. I'm so grateful for you! There's nobody I'd rather sit and sweat/cry with at a concert than you! I'm looking forward to the weekend and our next fun night. I'm sorry that your life has felt so heavy; I'm always praying for you that this will pass and that you will get a glimmer of hope. You have so many people who love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement and looking forward to more fun times!
DeleteI love the butterflies too, and while they love our butterfly bushes they really love our lantana and it's loaded with them. Glad you enjoyed the concert. It's very hard to blog about the ordinary when there are big things going on in your life you aren't free to blog about. Take care.
ReplyDeleteYes, well said Joyce. Thank you.
DeleteThe butterflies are really neat!
ReplyDeleteThey are so pretty!
DeleteThat fish dish looks so good and I had no idea it was 48 years since Elvis had died.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a great time at the Teddy Swims concert.
Yes, it has been a while now and people still come every year to remember him.
DeleteWow! You had a big weekend! Glad you could get out and enjoy everything, even in this heat. Ugh! It's the worst! The butterflies are so beautiful! I went to a wedding Saturday and I hope this woman didn't notice me eyeballing her, but she looked SO much like you and one of your daughters! Haha! I finally decided I was pretty sure it wasn't you, and now I know it definitely wasn't!
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard of that restaurant, but it looks so fresh. The concert looks like fun. Y'all were brave to go in the heat. I still remember when Elvis died when I was a kid! Hope your week is off to a good start.
ReplyDeleteWe don’t have Humdingers here, that I know of. That pineapple salsa looks delicious!! I’ve heard so many people say that Teddy Swims puts on a good show. I’m glad you guys got to experience that. I love the dress you wore to the shower. Blue and White is so classic and pretty.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad y'all had fun at the Teddy Swims concert! I can't even tell you how many times I teared up at that show. His songwriting is incredible. There are most definitely big emotions in most of his songs! And his voice is just amazing.
ReplyDelete