Wednesday, August 20, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ August 20, 2025

 Good morning and Happy Wednesday!  I'm joining in with Joyce and the Wednesday Hodgepodge today.


1. What's worth standing in line for? 

When I answer Hodgepodge, I often like to say things that pop into my head first. So, here is what I thought of first...I will stand in line at an amusement park ride, well if it is under 30 minutes :).  I would also stand in line to meet a celebrity.

2. Tell us about a favorite food related memory. 

I don't eat green beans because of a childhood memory of a neighbor's mom who made me try them.  I didn't like them then and I haven't had one since. Now I am realizing this topic said favorite food memory, ha!  

Once in the mid-90's, I was on a trip to California by myself.  I was at a restaurant and wanted to order the fries, but they came a la carte and seemed pricey.  I wanted to make sure they were "good" fries before I splurged, so I went to a stranger's table and asked if I could taste a fry.  I would never do that now!  By the way, I did order the fries!

Most recently, my favorite food memory is eating this amazing key lime pie!  Especially for breakfast one morning :).

3. What are some things you find particularly peaceful or calming? 

A good hug, being told it's all going to be okay, staring at the expanse of the ocean (especially from a cruise ship), being in the mountains and bonus if there are fall colors

4. Is there something you do now that gets you just as excited as it did when you were a child? 

Maybe eating frozen yogurt?  Although back in the 70's, it was ice cream I was eating instead.  There are lots of things I see that bring back fond memories from childhood like kids riding bikes, honeysuckle, and all the throwback pictures of corded telephones, albums, big stereos and tvs, orange/green/yellow kitchens, etc.

5. To what degree are you in touch with friends from grade school? high school? college if you attended college? 

Once a year, one of my elementary through high school friends and I meet up with our 5th & 6th grade teacher for a meal.  This was our 4th year to meet this summer. It is always such a fun time! 

I keep up with high school friends on Facebook, but not many in my daily life.  I do keep up with my college roommate and suitemates.  The 4 of us met up a few years ago and it was so fun! My roommate and I try to meet for a meal once a year.  She only lives about 30 minutes from me.  


6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Last week when making my smoothie, I was almost a sprinkle away from adding taco seasoning to my smoothie!  I meant to grab my flax seed, but grabbed this instead.  Thankfully, I noticed this beforehand or I would have had a spicy smoothie!  Needless to say, my mind has been all over the place lately!


Hope you have a great day!


27 comments:

  1. It's funny you have a waiting in line threshold at amusement parks. I actually do, too. I won't wait thirty minutes- I will only wait about twenty minutes. I love to eat leftover pie and cake for breakfast- such a treat and not something done often at all. Your fry story is funny! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I figure if it is much longer, I could come back to the ride! Dessert for breakfast is always a treat!

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing about the french fries, but would absolutely let someone taste one if they asked lol. I generally answer the questions with what pops into my head first. Otherwise I overthink and it takes forever to get the answers written. That green and white dress is so pretty! I love the color! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would too! I agree and thanks Joyce!

      Delete
  3. Taco smoothie! I almost said I would wait at Disney but I don't really go there. I would, but I'm not a "Disney adult". I'm sorry you have green bean PTSD - that is how I feel about peas and lima beans. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we all have a food PTSD story, huh? :)

      Delete
  4. I loved your answers. So have you never tried green beans again? I'm so curious what you would think about them now since our taste buds are ever changing! I can totally see you asking a stranger for a French fry; that made me laugh! Happy Wednesday, sweet friend. Love you lots and will talk to you later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't! I don't think I could, but I have definitely grown to like many more foods now as an adult.

      Delete
  5. hehehe! That did make me chuckle about you asking a stranger if you could try the fries. Good on you! I would so eat Key Lime Pie for breakfast too. Yum!
    A good hug does make everything feel better.
    Oops! That would have been a spicy smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good hug! And key lime pie for breakfast :).

      Delete
  6. I absolutely love sitting on a balcony while cruising and staring at the open water. The great expanse of the sea always reminds me how incredible our Creatir is.

    Had to giggle about the taco seasoning. I once added salt instead of sugar to a pitcher of sweet tea I was serving with Thanksgiving dinner. We figured it out real quick, let me tell you. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wholeheartedly agree! Oh my goodness! I bet that was quite the salty tea!

      Delete
  7. I almost put chili powder in my overnight oats instead of cinnamon! Also, I always say the only good thing about being an adult is being able to eat dessert for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is indeed a great saying! You for sure would have had some spicy oats! Have a good day!

      Delete
  8. Mike's Pies! Clanton is just about a 45 minute drive from where I live. His pies are supposed to be wonderful. I laughed out loud at your french fry story - that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I understand feeling so scattered that you might throw something unintentionally into the smoothy, I'm so glad you didn't! I agree- there are so many things I was so comfortable doing in my younger years- I'm far more introverted and antisocial as an adult and sometimes I don't love that, but it is what it is. I think its awesome that you guys meet up with your teachers! My daughter went on a trip with a school to Washington DC and one of my 8th grade teachers was her bus driver and he recognized her as mine immediately lol, that was a sweet moment! And yes, Key lime pie would be amazing for breakfast! Fun reading with you this week, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness but that french fry story is hysterical. And to think he gave you one! That story is a classic:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you imagine what that smoothie would've tasted like? Ha! Love your fro yo answer- that makes me pretty excited too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would definitely wait in line to meet someone famous who I love! And I agree with you about staring out at the ocean. I always feel so peaceful when we're at the beach each summer. Although, I have a phobia of looking at the ocean from a cruise ship, and I get the opposite effect on those. They make me anxious, unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun to meet up with one of your teachers. I would love to see some of mine again, I'd certainly start out by saying thank you for what an influence they had on my life. You'll have to try the taco seasoning, it could be the latest weight loss recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I'll definitely stand in line for an amusement park ride as long as the line isn't too long. I love getting to splurge every now and then and eat dessert for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That would have been a spicy smoothie! I can't eat beets so I get it about green beans (I do love them!). That is so cool about meeting up with your teacher for a meal. They really do leave an impression on us! Yum, key lime pie for breakfast. Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would say my patience for waiting in a line has decreased exponentially with age! That key lime pie would have been a favorite for me too. I'm hoping we get some fall color starting to peak through in Banff. I also get lots of comfort from seeing all the retro things. I think my IG has figured this out and I see lots of 70's and 80's content. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The taco smoothie sounds a little much if you're having it for breakfast. :) But I would be all over the key lime pie.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am laughing about the french fries! Our son had a friend in college who would go by a table in a restaurant that had not been cleaned yet . . .and eat the leftover fries, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love that you meet up with friends (and teachers) from school once a year! I do the same with my grade school friends and 2nd & 5th grade teacher! Taco seasoning would have been a weird surprise in your smoothie! Glad you caught it before.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...