Friday, October 17, 2025

Friday Favorites ~ October 17, 2025

 Happy Friday!  So many favorites to share with you today from the last week or two.....


After a hard night I had one night recently, my sister gave me this a few days later.  It was a small bag of my favorite fall treat and some encouraging verses.  It meant so much to me and was the perfect encouragement!

Some friends from church, plus daughter's boyfriend and a cardboard Elvis were all on hand to help me with some projects at my house on a recent Saturday.  I was blown away by how many people showed up to help me!
Here is one project as a before...
And after is for sure a favorite!
On my drive to Savannah, a picture of Brook at her school showed up on my photos on my car.  Seeing this & the scripture encouragement in my car was a favorite.  I keep the card from my sister taped on my dash and the scripture rock was a gift from Joyce.  I love seeing these each time I drive.
 
When I got back in town Monday, I went to our local park and took a walk after being in the car for a few hours. I took advantage of the hybrid parking and had a facetime call with Jenn since she is on vacation this week.

A few funnies....reels and things like this are always favorites!
Someone posted this as their meal planning, ha!

Also, I want to say a huge favorite of mine is this community and the real life friends I have made.  Several of you have reached out personally to me the past week via texts, calls and cards.  I am truly thankful to call you friends.  Love you ladies!

The best way to close this post is an early birthday wish to my newborn baby girl.  She turns 21 tomorrow.  I am so incredibly proud to be her momma.

Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I´m sorry that you´ve gone through so many storms recently but am happy that you have many who show up, literally, for you to help out and also who show up for you in other ways if they don´t live near you :). I can see how the note (and candy!) from your sister was an encouragement. I may borrow that idea and write a similar note to someone. The canning meme is funny and as is the one about when someone says you look tired. If someone asks me if I´m tired because I look it, I will often say, ¨Goodness, no, I don´t feel tired at all!¨ The person does not know what to say in response to this... Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! I am so thankful for friends and family. Have a great day too!

      Delete
  2. You are so loved and I hope your people will lift you during this stormy time. I am glad you still get to "see" Jenn while she is away- wishing you a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly. I can't get through this alone.

      Delete
  3. HBD to beautiful Brook! What a thoughtful gesture from your sis and I love the memes you found. I love that you took a walk after driving, too. You are loved and I hope you feel that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! I am trying to hold on to truths.

      Delete
  4. It seems like you have a lot of support in your life, which is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to Brook - 21 is such a milestone! The verses from your sister are so true, and such a good reminder on hard days. The crew that helped you with your house is so precious, and you must have felt God's hand reaching out and holding you. I laughed out loud at the meme's, especially the meal prep one! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your before and after photo looks amazing! Your home is beautiful and how awesome that all those people showed up to help! Even Elvis! I love it! What a blessing and how loved you are! I love those mellowcreme candies so much! Also! I was able to find my old blog and reactivate it so I’m reaching out to my former followers if they want to refollow! https://seekingsimpleblog21.blogspot.com is where you can find me now :) so so fun to catch up with you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift from your sister and how wonderful that you had so many people show up to help with some projects around your house.
    Happy birthday to your girl! I hope she has a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Look at that turnout for help; that is so sweet. The winter canning photo reminds me of my mother in law's house. She has always had a couple of jars of M&M's on her counter (year round though so I guess not really winter canning!). I hope your daughter has a fabulous 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you've had a tough time. But so glad to hear you have support from friends and family who love you. Happy 21st birthday to your girl! My baby turned 21 last week. They grow so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a thoughtful gift from your sister. And happy birthday to your girl! I hope she had the best day!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...