Good morning and Happy Monday!
I hope you had a good weekend. Here is a little re-cap of mine....
Backing up to Thursday night, I had my late day at work serving dinner at the hospital and then I attended a gala afterwards with two of my co-workers. It was downtown and there was such a great view of the bridge!
There were lots of bite sized foods there and this was a great little sampling of shrimp and grits. I like shrimp and grits, but I don't make it at home or order it out either, so I enjoyed eating it here.
I actually spent the night with my parents because some work was being done at my home Friday & I needed a place to work where I could be on the phone. I went to the dentist then came home to work for the afternoon from home. I enjoyed the fall background on my tv. Friday night was super quiet for me as I was home the rest of the day by myself.
Saturday morning, I went to the University of Memphis football game with one of my best friends. The stadium is undergoing repairs currently, but it doesn't take away from the game. We did a little bit of breakfast tailgating since it was an 11am game and barely came out with a win! It was a fun day and beautiful football weather.
Later that night, Jenn and Kendra came over and we sat on my back porch, had a glass of wine and listened to the rain. It looks like a rainy few days here and it will be quite cool. I am happy to be wearing sweatshirts and sweaters again!
Sunday, I went by Jenn's for a few minutes before church to see her. After church, I was home for the afternoon doing misc. house things. It was a rainy day, but I always enjoy seeing my friends at church. One of my other best friends is currently in Nigeria, so I was able to talk with her on the phone via What's App. Not going to lie, I also shed some tears over 1st world problems later Sunday night. Something is going on with my garage door and it won't close. It is just one more little thing that is overwhelming without having the help of a man to ask to help or someone at home to help me troubleshoot. Living alone/not having someone in your life to hug at certain times is lonely and hard. I didn't have the energy to deal with it, so today I will go to youtube for a solution....to the garage door, not finding a man.




I'm so glad you got so much accomplished Friday night and that you got to go to the U of M game Saturday! It really was perfect football weather. I love the pics of you with Ashley and her family! Breakfast tailgating sounds yummy. I'm glad we shared Saturday night and part of Sunday morning; thank you again for coming over to help me for a few minutes. I feel like you gave me the pep talk I needed! I'm sorry about your garage door and that you feel so overwhelmed sometimes. I know life feels hard a lot; I hope YouTube helps you out today! I have to confess when you said you were going to go to YouTube for help (not with a man), I laughed a little. I love you, friend. Big, big, big hugs for your Monday!
ReplyDeleteHappy to help! Love you!
DeleteYour weekend sounds really nice! I would be loving a little cup of shrimp and grits. I also don't make it at home but enjoy eating it in small amounts. The game looks like a lot of fun- the bridge is so pretty. Sorry about your garage door. I can see how it would seem overwhelming to not have anyone to turn to assist you with that. I hope that Youtube helps! Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteYes, this size was perfect. Thanks!
DeleteI'm sorry about your garage door! Home ownership and home ownership alone is a lot. You had a fun weekend until that happened! Ugh! I don't want shrimp and grits for my whole meal so that size seems perfect. The bridge is so pretty. The game looked fun! Tailgating is my fave part!
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good week and the garage door gets solved easily.
I am so ready to get out of being a homeowner. No luck yet on the garage door :(.
DeleteI'm sorry about the door. We've had to have ours repaired by a pro twice and it was rather expensive. I hope yours is a simple fix. I'm glad you squeezed in some fun and friend time too. I continue to pray about your sale. Have a nice week!
ReplyDeleteOh no. Thanks for the prayers.
DeleteHang in there Marilyn- it will eventually all get easier- so happy to see you so happy and living your best life in the meantime!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouragement Holly!
DeleteUgh! I hate when my garage door won't close.. it happens often because our sensors seem overly sensitive and the slightest bit of misalignment throws them off. But it is nice to have several guys to vent to and troubleshoot for me if I give up. The game sounds like a lot of fun! I've never tailgated before...
ReplyDeleteYes, it is a bummer.
DeleteI started my weekend recap with Thursday, also. The bridge looks so pretty at night. I’ll be 2 hours from Memphis at Thanksgiving! I’m going to visit my Grandparents in TN. The game looks like so much fun!! It looks like you had a great weekend full of friend moments. I love that for you.
ReplyDeleteOh fun! That is a great time to visit TN.
DeleteUgh, I'm so sorry about the garage door. The football game looks like lots of fun, and the weather looks perfect. Hang in there, friend.
ReplyDeleteThanks friend!
DeleteI had to laugh at the thought of you going to YT for help with a man :) hahaha But I know what you mean. Owning a home is a pain in the butt. Just about every week, when I talk to my mom, who is a widow, she tells me about something that is broken, that she's having to call someone to fix. I hope you have a good week regardless of that garage door.
ReplyDeleteThe gala sounds wonderful and the bridge looks so pretty. The football sounds like great fun and How lovely to spend time with Jenn & Kendra.
ReplyDeleteSending love and hugs, I hope your garage door is fixed now.