Good morning! I am joining up with Joyce for this week's Hodgepodge.
2. What's your favorite candy? Would you say you have a sweet tooth?
I definitely have a sweet tooth and could eat dessert after each meal. Sometimes, just a small sweet bite is all I want, but I don't do this because I also don't have much self control! I try not to keep sweets in the house all the time. If I have them, they don't last long!
As far as my favorite candy goes, I love caramel M&M's.
The last time I used this expression of being a kid in a candy store was this spring when I took a tour of the Air Traffic Control Center. I studied aviation in college, so to go to the floor of where the ATC's work and even listen in on a call with a pilot and see their screens was so fun for me. Speaking of the ATC's, they are hard working people who are currently working without pay. Thank the TSA people as well if you are traveling anytime soon.
There are so many answers I think for this one. Some things that come to mind are be kind, be humble, be a lifetime learner, be a listener, don't be entitled, don't take everything so deeply personal and have a sense of humor. I believe being a light in this world reflecting Jesus as best I can is the most positive thing I can do.
5. Do you like surprises?
I am neutral on this because if it is my kids surprising me with a visit or an unexpected gift, yes, I like surprises! If it is something that involves a lot more people, I am hesitant. I had a surprise party for my 30th and 40th birthdays, which were fun, but I think I am good on surprise parties now.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Just a few random things I have taken pictures of over the last few months that I don't think I have shared here...
Have a great day & thanks for reading!

I could relate to so much of what you said here (except for the air traffic controller stuff- it's interesting but not something that fascinates me!). The Galatians verse is so good! Something to definitely meditate on and think of when we're weary and want to do what's easy, not what is good. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI agree Maria! This verse actually hits home with me today.
DeleteWow! Just looking at that ATC screen makes me nervous! What a great responsibility. The fact that they are missing paychecks is appalling. And I don't like surprises either, as far as parties go. But if my kids want to knock on my door and surprise me...I'm all for it :)
ReplyDeleteI so agree with this sentiment about surprises! Yes, the ATC is a huge responsibility. It is amazing the system works as well as it does.
DeleteI loved your answers! Mine were more on the sappy side today. I am so glad you got to visit the ATC center with your friend recently. I know you loved that day and remember so much of what you told me. You ARE very brave. I'm proud of you for a million reasons, but that's always at the top. Happy Wednesday, friend!
ReplyDeleteSame to you my friend!
DeleteA move abroad I think counts as risk taking. You're definitely brave. Sometimes we're brave because we have to be, not because we particularly want to be, and that's admirable. We have flights booked in December and I am praying things are back to 'normal' then. Hope you're having a nice week!
ReplyDeleteThanks Joyce. I hope the aviation world of flying is better then too.
DeleteI love the quotes you shared...and they keep reminding me of one of my favorite Bible verses...the ones that states..."when the time is right...I the Lord will make it happen" Amen XO
ReplyDeleteOh, that's so good. As always, thanks for the encouragement Holly!
DeleteYou are very, very brave! Do you think you could work in air traffic control in the future? That would be such a cool job. I want you to read the book I read about the ATC falling in love with the pilot just by his voice! Love is Blind Air Edition! He he
ReplyDeleteHope today is a good day for you! We have had a rainy week so far!
I am too old to work in ATC now! Oh, I may like that book. Yes, it has been a rainy week here too.
DeleteMy middle son would love to see the air traffic control center!
ReplyDeleteIt was such a cool experience!
DeleteIt sounds like quite the adventure moving to South America.
ReplyDeleteI am the same when it comes to desserts and I have no self control.
The visit to the Air Traffic Control Center sounds so interesting.
It was quite the adventure! Hope you're having a good week!
DeleteI love that verse from Galatians. It's one of my favorites. And wow, that's so neat that you lived in South America. My husband has visited several times for work, but I never got to go with him.
ReplyDeleteI immediately thought of your family's abroad experience for how adventurous-- to me that is very adventurous! I had a bag of those caramel M&M's recently and thought of you.
ReplyDeleteWe answered #4 similarly, and I also have a big sweet tooth. I try not to keep many sweets at home, but I do enjoy baking. And I feel the same way about taking risks being brave. I think I did a lot of brave things when I was alone in my 20's, and moving overseas took courage too. Hope your Wednesday is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteLiving in another country for three years sounds very exciting . . . and risky! I love that verse from Galatians.
ReplyDeleteSo true about the TSA! I travel internationally twice a year, and they always do a good job and are courteous and efficient. I honestly don't see how they deal with the public, I've seen lots of bad behavior from travelers, yet they remain professional. This shutdown is inexcusable, there's billions of tariff money coming in that would pay for their salaries easily.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I have ever tried the M&Ms with caramel. Hmmm. I am intrigued and just might have to buy a bag:)
ReplyDelete