Wednesday, October 22, 2025

Hodgepodge ~ October 22, 2025

 Happy Wednesday!  Happy Hodgepodge!

1. What do you like most about your family? 
These 2 daughters of mine!
I am also so thankful for my parents, my siblings and all my nieces/nephews and greats!

2. What's something nice that's happened to you recently? 
I shared this last week, but having such a big group of people come help with me with home projects has been so nice.

3. Do you like the color orange? Besides a pumpkin and an actual orange, what's something orange you love?
I love a mandarin and a sumo orange! I am also a fan of sweet potatoes in any variety.

4.  What's something you have now you couldn't have imagined having five years ago? How does that make you feel? What's possible now because of it? 

I am single now.  It makes me feel sad and lonely often, but I also feel strong in so many ways.  I have such freedom to come and go/do/eat/spend/watch, etc. and it is often so nice!

5. Let's wrap this one up with an October this or that...

  • pumpkin bread or apple cider donut
  • I had an apple cider donut Saturday and it was amazing.  That said, I love pumpkin chocolate chip bread.  I need to make some soon!
  • cozy sweater or cozy hoodie
  • This is another hard choice....I would take a cozy sweatshirt, not necessarily a hoodie though.  I would take a cozy sweater over a hoodie.
  • apple picking or pumpkin picking
  • Pumpkin picking
  • scary movie or Hallmark movie
  • Hallmark movie
  • hay ride or corn maze
  • Hayride, but I do enjoy a corn maze with the right company.
  • twinkle lights or candles
  • I love both!  I like the scent of candles with twinkle lights in the background.
  • autumn hike or autumn bonfire
  • I'm not doing good at this or that, because I want to choose both, ha!  I love seeing the fall colors so I would say an autumn walk, but not necessarily a hike!  I do enjoy a bonfire too though with friends.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

I subbed a few weeks ago and this poster was in the 2nd grade classroom and is one of my favorites.  This is so true.


Hope you have a great day and thanks Joyce for hosting!




15 comments:

  1. Love that poster and that message! Yes to your two girls! Yes to your nice family! You have so many people who love you. Same about a cozy sweatshirt without a hood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a feeling to have all the troops show up for you when you need them most- shows you how loved you are! Great points about being single- enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same when it comes to choosing just one. Daughters are such a gift and I'm glad you are close to yours. Hope there's lots of traffic coming through your house. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your answers! Mine were similar...especially the one about being single. I'm not great at these either! 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful family and how wonderful that you have so many people to help out with projects around your home. That is a great poster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fabulous poster! I had a hard time picking with quite a few of those this or that questions too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the things I like about subbing is seeing the wall art/inspo/life sayings on the walls of classrooms, lol. How do you like subbing? I´d love to hear your thoughts. Your daughters are beauties on the inside and out and I love how close you are to your extended family members.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your girls are such a blessing. What a great poster. For some reason, I didn't realize you were subbing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate chip pumpkin bread sounds amazing right now! Are you watching fall Hallmark movies or Christmas ones?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a beautiful family, my friend!! You are such a strong lady and I admire that about you. I wanted to choose both on all of the this or that questions, too. I love everything about fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this, it is very similar to what I would say. I also love a sweatshirt but not necessarily a hoodie, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...