Friday, January 30, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ January 30, 2026

 Oh boy.  Friday favorites....It has been such a different week being snowed/iced in, but I still have a few favorites and a recap of the week.


I have cooked more than I have in probably 2 years, ha!  First, were these 2 pretty loaves of sourdough!
For lunch this week, I had some pork loin, veggies and sweet potato fries.
But then these were 2 of my dinners this week...
a bowl of Honeycomb cereal
and popcorn and M&M's
Because I had ingredients leftover, I made this apple dip to eat as a snack.  It is cream cheese, covered in caramel sauce with a heath/toffee crumble topping.  It is delicious with apples!

Being inside for 4 days alone wasn't a favorite, but I honestly did better than I thought I would.  I kept busy with a little work from home, tv shows and I am currently working my 3rd 1000 piece puzzle this week. I finally finished Sullivan's Crossing and High Potential. 

A few other favorites....
-having help getting the ice chipped away outside my garage.  Several times this week, I drove back and forth from my garage to the end of the driveway to make tire tracks (I have a long driveway).  
-a facetime call with Brook
-dinner out
-driving to Target when the temperature finally got above freezing for one day (it is back below freezing day & night until Monday)
-sweet texts from blog friends checking on me living alone during a snowstorm, which honestly has been one of the things I dread the most.  
This is my street Thursday afternoon.
A mug I bought at Target
And these sweaters are maybe the Valentine clothes I need.
Thankful for this group & to call them real life friends!

And not to be forgotten or taken for granted, having power and plenty of food are favorites from my week and I am so thankful for both.

Hope you have a warm and safe weekend!





18 comments:

  1. You did it you did it- you got this! Love that pic of some of my fave blogging ladies- what a wonderful group! I think your Valentine purchases are on point-you will rock them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can say you feel proud of yourself for doing so well! I can imagine that would definitely be the worst scenario of living alone. As long as you have a puzzle, you can tackle anything! Just kidding! I was wondering if the home owners would come take care of the driveway for you.
    That marg looks so good! I haven't been to a Mexican restaurant in a long time. My friend and I might go to the Cuban place for hh that is near my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the puzzles have kept me busy this week! I love a Cuban restaurant too.

      Delete
  3. Glad you got through ok! Love that puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I lived this week alongside you and talked to you multiple times each day, I still enjoyed reading this and seeing what you did to survive. I'm proud of you! This was one of your biggest dreads/fears, getting stuck at home for days on end, and look at what you overcame. You should be so proud of yourself! I will call you later today; I had an interesting night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you made the best of being snowed in. Your sourdough loves are gorgeous and look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! At least I won't run out of bread :)

      Delete
  6. All your food looks very yummy! I love that WDW puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been nice to eat more at home this week.

      Delete
  7. Good job with all of the cooking! The sourdough loaves look so good. I am glad being at home alone went OK. The puzzle looks great! I am glad you had people checking on you during the snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, we love you too! I'm glad you survived the week. 3 puzzles...wow! I hope it all melts away soon. Nashville is still a big mess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By Monday, more of this should melt. Thanks friend!

      Delete
  9. I love me a good puzzle on days like this! I actually like a good puzzle anytime really! LOL! It is so awesome to have a good support system. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so glad to hear you did well on your own during the snowstorm. That’s brave, Marilyn:)

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...