Thursday, January 29, 2026

Monthly Musings ~ January 2026

 Happy Thursday!  I am linking up with Patty for January's Monthly Musings where we are talking all about winter fun and Valentine's Day.

1. Describe your winter so far in one word.
lonely....I know that sounds sad and I am not trying to get any pity, but that is the word that comes to mind. I'm really doing okay, it just gets lonely living alone and not dating.

2.  What winter activities have you never tried but wanted?
I haven't ever been snow skiing out west, but now I think I am too nervous at my age I would break a bone!

3. Favorite winter beverage?
Typically, I would say a good cup of hot chocolate, but I have also become of a fan of a London Fog tea this year.

4. Least favorite winter chore?
Hmm...This is not a chore, but maybe all the layers it takes to put on/take off to go outside in the snow.

5. Soup or chili?
I like both if it doesn't have beans in it! This is my go-to chili recipe:

1 lb. ground beef
3/4 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can Ro-tel
1 can tomato sauce
1 cup water

Cook beef and onion in saucepan over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink.  Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes.

6.  Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Dark chocolate for me please!

7. Share your Galentines/Valentines plans.
I am hosting Galentines at my house for myself, Jenn and Kendra.  I have some decor, food & game ideas, and we are going to work on vision/bingo boards for 2026.

8. Do you dress festive for Valentine's Day?
I had a LOVE sweater, but it is in my pile to donate. 

9. Do you make any sweet treats?
I do have some dessert ideas I will make for Galentines.

10.  What is your love language?
It use to be acts of service.  but now it is all of them!

I leave you with this reminder today....


21 comments:

  1. Oh friend-the right guy will come along when you least expect it- trust the process. I cannot wait to read all about your Galentines night- sounds so fun!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you donating "love"? Just joking! I feel like dark chocolate is more satisfying and milk makes me want more. I know winter has to be so lonely and isolating especially when you can't go in to the office or have those interactions.
    I hate all the layers, too. What a pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore that sweater a few years ago and it brings back memories. Yes, it does!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait for our Galentine's night party! We should add dancing to fun music to the list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your galentine's day plans sound fun! I bet you are all going to have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending love and hugs. So sorry you have been feeling lonely.
    Skiing sounds like fun but I would be scared of breaking a bone too.
    I think getting dressed to go out into the cold is a chore and even more so when there is snow!
    Have a fab Galentines Day celebration. It sounds like you ladies are going to have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that you've been feeling lonely :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear Marilyn! First of all, I hope you got my email that your goodies shipped yesterday. I hope they will bring some cheer. I know what you mean about the loneliness part. When I was divorced from my ex there was a period there that was really hard. I didn't mind being alone - just those quiet lonely weekends were really tough. I pray for someone wonderful to come into your life when the time is just right. 🙏🏻💗 That chili recipe sounds really good and I've never thought to make it without beans (& I think I'd prefer it that way too). Your Galentines party sounds so fun! PS: dark chocolate is the best!! 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing this with me Carrie! Yes, there is a difference of being alone and feeling lonely. I'm excited about the goodies!

      Delete
  8. The Galentine's night sounds like lots of fun, and I love the idea of a vision board. Is the Bingo like checking things off a bucket list? I'm a milk chocolate gal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of a vision board, yes, the bingo card is a bucket list of things to do in 2026.

      Delete
  9. Your Galentine's Day plans sound great. Lean into your girls right now. I am with you on taking the layers on and off. Thanks for joining us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I honestly hands down agree with you about the chore of taking all the layers off!!! YES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree -- I get so tired of all the layers -- snow pants, snow boots, hat, mitt, scarf -- I miss the days of just stepping outside with what I'm wearing. And I'm sorry you've been feeling lonely. I've had those seasons in my life and they are hard.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...