Wednesday, January 21, 2026

Hodgepodge ~ January 21, 2026

 Happy Wednesday and Hodgepodge day friends!


1. Ice skating, skiing, sledding, snowshoeing, playing in the snow, or a snowy walk...which winter activity do you choose? Have you done any of these activities so far this winter? 
A snowy walk sounds nice, but I haven't done any of these items as we haven't had any snow yet.  Usually, we don't have snow until January through March.  I will admit, as much as I love to watch the snow fall, I sure hope we don't have much this year as I don't want to be snowed in at home.  

2. Everyone is posting pictures from ten years ago on their social media sites so let's jump on the bandwagon too. Share one photo and one thought to go with said photo from the year 2016. And maybe everyone isn't doing this, but many are and we're going to be part of the fun. 

I posted some highlights from my 2016 yesterday, but here is an additional picture from that year.  I shared yesterday that Brook and I went to NYC.  We went to a taping of Live with Kelly.  This was during the time when she was looking for a co-host (pre Ryan Seacrest).  I still watch Live with Kelly and Mark every day, so this was fun for us to be at a taping of the show.

3. What's a trend you hope disappears in this new year? 

Hmm...I wish it was easier to get concert/event tickets.  It seems like even if I click at the time something goes on sale, very few seats are left.  Although, I still remember lining up at a ticket window to buy tickets too, so I am also thankful for the convenience of online purchasing.

4. 'They' say there's a day for everything and January 21st proves it. National Granola Bar Day. Do you like granola bars? How about just regular granola? Do you like bars of other kinds? 

I am not a fan of granola or granola bars.  But, I do eat a protein bar every day!  My girls even laugh at me saying, "I will just eat a bar". I don't like nuts in bars, so that limits a lot of bars.  My favorites are Built, Quest or Barebell.

5.  A frozen lake, a trickling stream, a raging river, or a deep well...which one describes something about your life right now? Elaborate as much or as little as you like. 

This is such an interesting question!  The 2 that stand out to me are a trickling stream and a deep well.  So often I feel like I am in a deep well.  I think that comes from living along and feeling lonely so much.  Even though I am around people often, I still usually feel pretty lonely.  A deep well seems like a lonely place!  The good thing is that I am not stuck in a deep well.  I also relate to the trickling stream, because I feel like I am also slowly beginning to rebuild my life.  The stream usually leads into something bigger and sometimes you don't know what is right around the bend.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Last week, Harry Styles announced he will have a new album release in March and all signs point to a new tour in 2026/2027.  Harry Styles is a musician that began with the group One Direction.  I have taken my daughters to see him twice in concert previously in Nashville and I am a fan too.  I have loved watching so many reels about this album & tour announcement! I have sent my daughters no less than 20 reels probably about this.  I know they think I have too much time on my hands & they are not wrong.  

Enjoy your day!


20 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I can't imagine sleeping outside or waiting in line to buy concert tickets but it has definitely gotten harder to buy them online too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ticket prices are usually what keep me from buying. I'm not paying $300 to sit on the top tier of a venue where I can barely see the performer. I remember standing in line too : ) We are supposed to get some weather here but they can't decide what it will be. Between the lake and the mountains it often changes last minute, but I suppose I should think about groceries. If it's just ice I won't be getting out in it. A little snow would be fun though. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just a few concerts where I want to pay money to see these days, but I do love local live music. I plan on doing some winter grocery shopping this weekend. Stay warm!

      Delete
  3. We've not had any snow here either, well apart from a light dusting which lasted about half an hour.
    What fun to go to the taping of the show!
    Oh yes! It is so hard to get tickets of any sort now a days! Queueing online for hours and then you get to the front and there's no seats left or really overpriced one's. Hmmf!
    So sorry you feel lonely! Sending love and hugs!
    I took my eldest to see One Direction twice, many years ago and she is hoping to get tickets to see Harry Styles this time around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, we never saw One Direction and wish we could have done that back in the day. How fun!

      Delete
  4. Love Harry Styles- the girls must've had a blast! I love that experiences are more popular than things nowadays but I agree with you- concerts have gotten so out of hand and stressful with the ticket prices and process to buy them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure who enjoyed it more, me or them, ha! So true!

      Delete
  5. I should have said a snowy walk, but I didn't. I don't like how concerts are so expensive! It makes them almost unattainable for the average person. Are you going to try to go to Harry Styles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try to get tickets for a show if I can. We will travel for Harry Styles :).

      Delete
  6. Alyssa is excited about the new Harry Styles release! I hope you don't get a ton of snow. It sounds like it's going to be something for those impacted. I like a snowy walk, too. I haven't done one this year. Great picture of you guys in NYC! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, me too! It does sound like quite the wintry weekend. Thanks Maria!

      Delete
  7. Yes! I hate how hard, and expensive, it has gotten to buy concert tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good answer about concert tickets! And, the price is so crazy, too.
    I really like Harry Styles but I admit I am late to the game. My students were always talking about him but I hadn't really listened to him.
    Let's have just one pretty daytime snow that melts by end of day and doesn't mess up roads too badly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter was talking about the Harry Styles announcement too! I went to a Live with Kelly and Ryan taping once, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My parents lined up back in the day to get tickets for us for the Osmonds. Unfortunately, someone started a rumor that the ticket window was opening and there was almost a stampede and they decided that enough was enough and left. I do get frustrated when I find out about a show/concert I would like to see and tickets seem to be gone before I've even signed on to the ticket site. How fun to go to a live taping in NYC. We (me and three friends) got tickets for Oprah when I lived in Chicago and made a day out of it in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ticket prices are outrageous! I looked at the "deep well" in a different way - a deep well of faith, friends, and family. That is the perfect example of how two people can see an event or read something and interpret it in almost opposite ways! When I was reading your description, it definitely makes sense are there have been many times in my life where I might have answered in the same way. I'm so sorry you are alone. My sister is alone, after a divorce, and I try to call her every morning when I'm driving to work so she can talk. I rarely get a word in - I just let her talk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, my husband has ranted and raved about ticket prices and availability just to college football games this past season! LOL! It would have to be someone I really wanted to see (Duran Duran!! LOL!) for me to want to go. But Harry Styles is such a great singer! I hope y'all can make a show on his new tour.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish concerts weren't so expensive now. I was thinking of going to see George Strait and it was just outrageous. I thought of you when I heard about Harry Styles! I hope you don't get too much snow this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed your answers. Yes, concert tickets are nuts. My youngest daughter loves concerts and goes to quite a few. she is going to see ed sheeran this year in Seattle and tickets were crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...