Happy Friday friends! Are you ready for a cold weekend? Now the South is predicted to have snow, so we know its going to be cold!! We usually do get a good snowfall every year, but usually just once :). That is about all we can handle in the south. Our cars/roads are just not prepared for it. Here is a little Friday update....
Monday, I spent the afternoon at my parents helping them do some housework and then was able to stop by my niece's house and see some greats for a little bit. That night, I went with Jenn to her friend's house for the football national championship game. I was glad Indiana won and there was also good food!
I have a flip calendar I have had for around 4-5 years. I pulled it back out this year and was already a few days behind. Tuesday, I flipped it to that date and it was just what I needed to read. Right after my former husband left me, I read Isaiah 54 every day for 2 months. I quickly claimed this verse!
Another favorite was dinner at a friend's house Tuesday night. I am so thankful for my dear friend Lori! We go back about 15 years and our daughters are best friends.
I received this plant for my birthday and it is finally in full bloom!
The calendar came through again for me. This was a great reminder to read before the weekend:
Speaking of the weekend.....
I made a late night stop at Wal-Mart last night. There is no bread, milk or eggs. And apparently, we want our cheese in the south too. Okay my Northern friends, I am guessing this doesn't happen every time it snows there?
Lastly, this is quick random recipe I made last week. It is basically an "upside down" pizza. I put some pepperoni in my small black skillet then layered some slices of mozzarella on top. I added a tortilla on top and let that cook for a few minutes. I flipped it and then added some sauce. Once it cooked together for a few minutes more, I rolled up the tortilla and cut it into rolled up bites for a quick meal.
Stay warm my friends and thanks for reading this week!

I'm so glad I got to see you this week! I also love that we talk once a day, sometimes more. You're always a huge part of my week! I cannot believe the shelves at Walmart, even though I'd heard it was like that. It's shocking! I understand wanting to be prepared, but shouldn't we all just buy what we would normally buy during a week? That's my mentality, at least. All the talk about how bad it can get has made people lose their minds. I love the meme of the scribbled crayons over the weather! That's about right. Happy Friday, lovey! Talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteI love that pizza idea. I made a pizza bowl this week with cottage cheese, sauce, turkey pepp, banana peppers and it was pretty satisfying!
ReplyDeleteYou had a social week!
I notice a lightness in your writing that maybe you are feeling more positive? Did you notice how light it's staying now? I noticed a big change one evening driving home and it gave me some hope!
Oh, the grocery! Wow - yours is picked over! I went to the store yesterday after having gone the day before to get just a few more things and I couldn't find skim milk. I love Honeycomb and haven't thought of it in years! Yum! That is a good thing to have on hand. Stay safe! I will hope you don't get much and definitely that you don't get much ice! Ice is the worst!
Those shelves!! Oh my word- I have to go to the store later today and wonder what things will look like. We are supposed to get snow- kinda like that map- no one knows for sure how much. I wouldn't be surprised if some basics are gone but I don't think that shelves will be bare. Bless that cheese buying- ya'll know what's important!! Your pizza tortilla sounds so good! I will plant to make that soon. Thanks for sharing! Those prayers and verses are great; I hate the occasion for which they helped you but I'm glad that they did since the situation did occur. Have a great and safe weekend!
ReplyDeletewe were in Costco last night and it was more empty than normal!
ReplyDeleteThe hospital job? Incredible. You are such a good egg Marilyn. Nope- our stores typically aren't that bad- sometimes I guess but I have never seen bare shelves like that- my gosh! Stay warm my friend :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy about the grocery stores? Ours are all like that right now. The pizza tortilla looks yummy, and I love how the calendar brings just the right verse to you each day. Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteI was expecting our store shelves to look similar today (I mean not quite to that extent but there is usually a run on bread and milk) but thankfully found everything on my weekly grocery list. While I never feel the need to stock up before a storm many people do... which is kind of weird up here where we do have the tools to deal with all the snow and might (at most) spend 1-2 days at home.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a nice week.
ReplyDeleteHow cool to see Anna and Elsa and your plant is just beautiful.
Stay safe and warm during the storm. That is crazy at Wal-Mart.
Oh my goodness, those shelves look so empty! It reminds me of Covid times, yikes. Thinking of you and hoping you stay safe and warm during the snowstorm, Marilyn.
ReplyDeleteYour stores looked like ours lol! We are in the south too, in Eastern NC. It's a solid sheet of ice and nobody is going anywhere! I grew up in the NC Mountains and life is a little different there, but here we just sit inside, wait to thaw out and apparently eat milk sandwiches lol.
ReplyDeleteI do love that bible verse! And that upside down pizza looks delicious! I may have to try that if my kids eat all the bread I bought today haha!
Hope you ride out the storm well! It was nice catching up with you today friend!
I hope that y'all are faring well after the storms! We didn't get hit with the ice or snow here, but it is BITTER cold this week.
ReplyDelete