Good morning! The week held some warmer temperatures, but there is still quite a bit of white stuff on the ground at home. The sun and weather today should help that a lot though.
I was happy on Monday to finally be able to drive to my parents house and check on them after all the bad weather here. I also went by my sister's house and it was good to see her again. I had dinner with she and my brother-in-law. On the way home, the moon was fabulous! I love seeing the moon.
Speaking of the moon, did you hear about this:
Artemis 2 will be the first mission to carry humans toward the moon since NASA's Apollo program ended in 1972.
Artemis 2 is the second scheduled flight of NASA's Artemis program and the first to fly astronauts aboard the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket and Orion spacecraft. The mission will send four astronauts on a looping journey around the moon and back to Earth, testing the systems that will eventually return humans to the lunar surface.
The roughly 10-day mission is currently targeted for launch no earlier than March 2026, pending final testing and integration milestones. It had originally been slated for Feb. 8, but issues arose during the fueling tests.
I went back to work Tuesday. Afterwards, I went to a middle school's basketball games and went to dinner afterwards with a friend. It was fun to be able to say yes to an impromptu night and be with people after the week prior!
I took off Wednesday to see my oldest daughter. Once I arrived, we went to one of her favorite burger places. I had a burger with bacon, guacamole, onions and pimento cheese on top of lettuce with sweet potato fries. This was a delicious meal!
I spent the night before helping her decorate and spent 3 hours making these paper chains for her. She had friends over the night of her birthday so she was decorating her house. I was able to help her with a few other house things along with a trip to Walmart for some food and things. Is it really a trip to see your child if you don't take them grocery shopping, ha? It was a quick visit, less than 24 hours with her, but always good.
A hard part of the week is that a member of our church passed away unexpectedly and left behind his wife and 3 daughters. It has hit our church community hard. Life is short friends. Love others well. Live for Jesus.

HBD to Isabella and what a lovely little visit! I'm glad you broke out of the ice and snow!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss Marilyn. I am happy to see you got to be with your daughter on her birthday :) Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you and Isabella and hearing that you were able to grocery shop with her and help decorate her house for the party. How fun! I'm going to text you soon!
ReplyDeleteCelebrating a birthday and reeling from the loss of life in one week is really circle of life type events and yes, makes you want to cling to those things that are true and lovely like friends and Jesus. Your meal out looks so good and how wonderful to spend time with your beautiful daughter. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the church members who passed away. That's always sad.
ReplyDeleteWe have another extreme cold warning for our entire weekend and I heard the ladies at the gym talking about another storm.. so I think I'll be enjoying another weekend at home. I love that you got to be with your daughter on her birthday. Your paper chains turned out great!
ReplyDeleteThat is good you got out to visit your family and spend time with your daughter. How interesting to read about Artemis 2. It's about time we got people back to the moon.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about the member of your church. Thinking of you all.
Her house looks so cozy, and I'm glad you got to hang out for her birthday. That burger...yum! I always laugh at our trips to Auburn - Sam's, Academy, church, and lots of restaurant meals. It was really like that when we visited G in Atlanta before she had a car. I'm so sorry about your church member. Our town lost a high school senior to a motorcycle accident and it really broke everyone's hearts.
ReplyDeleteMy brother works for NASA and he's on the Artemis 2 mission! We've been hearing a lot about it in our family group chat for the past year. I'm so sorry to hear about the person who goes to your church passing. That is so sad.
ReplyDelete