Thursday, February 26, 2026

Monthly Musings ~ February 26, 2026

 Good morning.  I am linking up with Patty for this month's Monthly Musings about ways we make our weeks easier.


1. Paper planner, digital calendar or other option?
I have used a paper planner in the past, but I mainly plan my schedule and to-do list straight from my phone's calendar.  I can view my personal and work calendar there.  On my desk at work, I do have a large paper calendar where I will write some work events.

2. Meal planning, meal prep, or wing it?
I do a little bit of all 3 at different times.  On Sundays, I will try to think of my week ahead if I have any night outings.  I have had very few this year during the week.  I have been trying to eat from my freezer.  From a meal prep standpoint, I have a lot of cooked meats in my freezer that I can use for meals.  There are some days/nights when I am at home and will wing it with just eating snacks though, which is not always a good thing.  

3. Do you choose your outfit the night before?
I usually do have an outfit in mind, but I often will change my mind!

4. Tips for managing laundry and ironing.
Keep in mind, all of my answers are based on a single adult living alone, so most of you are not in that situation, or probably not any of you for which is a good thing!
My laundry is easy to manage.  I do 2 loads a week...one of clothes and one for towels/sheets.  As far as ironing goes, it is on a need to basis.

5. Grocery shop instore or online?
I still do grocery instore shopping.  I have done a pick up order a handful of times.  If this service was an option when my kids were younger or when I was working out of the home full time, I think I would have done this more often.  I get every other kind of package at home, but I have never had groceries delivered.

6. Best tips for getting out the door in the morning without chaos?
Again, it is just me getting out the door and I only go to the office 2 days a week, so thankfully, I don't have to get out the door early every day. However, I do sometimes still rush out the door!  I try to have my lunch planned the night before so I just have to put it in my bag and get out the door.  My biggest struggle is getting out of bed.  I don't drink coffee or have pets, so I don't have anything getting me out of bed. I wake up early, but getting out of bed to get ready is a slow process for me.  This is a newer thing for me as another thing that has changed for me in the past few years. 

7. Share your easiest dinners for crazy weeks.
An easy dinner for me would be opening a box of tomato soup (from Trader Joe's is my favorite), a frozen pizza (Milton's brand is my favorite), or a protein bar!  

8. Best tips to keep your house organized during the week.
I think the easiest way for organization is to watch the paper intake that comes in the house, including receipts and mail.  Obviously, cleaning countertops helps a house feel organized too.  

9. Share your easiest breakfast.
I love a protein smoothie, sourdough bread, protein bar/shake,  I also like some of the chicken sausage that you can buy pre-packaged from Costco.

10.  Share your best overall tip not covered yet.
Balance as best you can work/home life.  I recommend to not do work outside of working hours.  However, if I do have something quick to do, I make sure to schedule send an email or not let it interfere with someone else's time off work.  I am big about being respectful of that.

Thanks for reading along and hope you all have a great day!


18 comments:

  1. I feel like we have more laundry than we should. If my husband is working in the yard or doing something outdoors, which is most days, it adds a lot. If I walk or work out there's that too. I have never gotten in to the smoothie craze. I think partly because my blender is not convenient to use regularly. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love a good smoothie, but am particular about them too.

      Delete
  2. I felt like a lot of these questions didn't really pertain to me either. I wash my clothes once a week and towels once a week but everyone else pretty much does their own. I hardly ever need to get out of the house early or have a set time to leave. Last I checked grocery delivery still did not exist near us and only 1 store offers pick up but we always ended up with so many substitutions that we only tried it a few times before giving up on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind the in store shopping most of the time.

      Delete
  3. A few of our answers are quite similar. I wing a lot of dinners though not always. I often have a general idea of what I'm wearing the evening before (if I'm working especially) and I definitely like to shop for groceries in store. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coffee is literally what gets me out of bed. I wake up thinking about it. Ha! Is that bad?
    I love your tip on the paper clutter. I open my mail over the trash can as that can really get away from you. I also try to be careful about what I bring into the house. Are you ready to meal plan and shop for Brook? It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Yes, I am ready for Brook and we hope to have at least one night a week we eat together at home.

      Delete
  5. Isn't it interesting how things change in seasons of life? The bed thing for you is interesting to me. I would say one change that has been brought about in my life is that I am more likely to lay in bed earlier at night and watch tv or talk on the phone. If I weren't a morning person, I'd probably struggle in the mornings as well. As it is, I'm an early bird and can hardly get to bed fast enough! You're doing great, friend, and getting things figured out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lay in my bed morning and night now :). I wake up plenty early, I just like to stay in my bed :).

      Delete
  6. Grocery pick up or delivery would have been so convenient when the kids are little! I have done pick up, but I mostly go inside the store still!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sound very organised with your meal planning and prep and I always get my groceries delivered and it works for us. What an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love the AmyLu's chicken sausage from our Costco. Is that the one you buy or is there one that is even better?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don’t like getting out of bed either! I set three alarms at intervals about an hour before I need to get up for work, and every morning it’s the same struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do try to think of my lunch the night before, even if I don't pack it. Just one less thing to think about in the morning is good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes! All about balance for sure! Love your ideas for quick dinners-yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could be Better about packing my lunch the night before. I definetly appreciate you bringing the perspective of a single person. Very important to have different life views and stages. Thanks for joining and sharing your week with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will have to try the tomato soup from trader Joes, I LOVE tomato soup and its def one of my favorites! I'm def an order groceries online sort of person, it helps me budget better and I'll do pickup even for small orders lol! Your tips are good ones :) I hope you have a lovely March!

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...