Monday, March 30, 2026

Hello Monday ~ March 30, 2026

 Hello & Happy Monday! 

How was your weekend?


I am backing up my weekend recap to last Thursday.  After a day at work, I went to see Nate Bargatze's comedy tour show.  I had seen him twice before and he was once again, so funny.  It is so good to see how he has done so well as a clean comedian that has been so well received. I loved spending the evening laughing!

Friday morning, I was at my sister's house bright and early to watch 5 of my great nieces.  I was scheduled to watch the 3 that are siblings and asked another one (their cousin) to join us.  The day before, I told my other niece to send her 1 year old too and I would watch her so she and her husband could have a brunch date while another one was at physical therapy.  There are always lots of moving parts with these kids schedules!  And, I found out my brother will have his 2nd grandchild arriving this fall.  That will make 14 great nieces and nephews for me :).
We went on a scooter walk later in the day.
They were really good, but my goodness, I was exhausted.  I think part of it was just the end of the week exhaustion and keeping 5 kids by myself.  I got home around 5:15, was in bed by 6:30 and turned off the lights by 9pm.

Saturday morning, I was up early because I was facilitating the women's retreat my church hosted.  I somehow was the one in charge of all the things that day, but we did have some others bring food.  We studied Psalm 63 and talked having Joy in the Desert. There have been some really difficult seasons in our church this year.  Particularly, one of our middle age moms husband died suddenly and completely unexpected last month.  She came to the retreat and we were so happy to see her and we all shared laughter and tears.
After the retreat time, a few of us walked to a nearby restaurant for lunch.  I had deviled eggs on a lettuce wrap.  It was tasty!
I ran a few errands, basically returns to Target and an Amazon return, a Facebook marketplace meet up and then got some yogurt.  This is my Saturday afternoon/evening by myself ritual to treat myself to yogurt.  I am getting re-adjusted to my time alone on weekends.  But, April looks to be a busier month, so I am thankful for some things to look forward to!
I later had chips for dinner, so I wasn't doing so great in the eating department later in the day.  Oh well.  Sometimes I lonely eat and it doesn't turn out so good.  Tomorrow is a new day though!
Saturday evening, I sat outside and made a fire.  I can't take my firepit to my apartment, which makes me a little sad, so I am going to try to have a few fires in the next few weeks, especially while the evenings are not too cold or hot.

Sunday, I was back at church and then I purchased some furniture from Facebook marketplace.  I am excited to put all my new things together in my new space!  I still have a few things to hopefully sell too before I move. Oh I keep thinking it will be so nice to have all my belongings paired down to a 2 bedroom apartment.  However, truth be told, I will probably keep most of my kids and my childhood bins stored at my parents for now.  Other than that, I hope to have most everything else under my own roof.  Maybe I am doing my kids a favor to not have a house to go though one day? I already save so many things that they may not even want.  One day, they will have their own house and I can send them their childhood things! Right now, they both rent a place, so they don't have room for the extra stuff.

It was fun to see Jenn again Sunday evening and we had an impromptu dinner out...Mexican, of course.  The sunset was beautiful at my house!

I am off to babysit today for a friend and then a normal week of work for me.  

Thanks for reading and for all your kind words and prayers!  






16 comments:

  1. Oh yes I bet watching 5 kids for the day is exhausting! I definitely feel it now when I watch younger kids. I mean I do remember being tired all the time as a young mom too but it's even harder when you are no longer in that habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Managing five on your own is a lot! I'm sure the parents are grateful for your help. And how fun to see Nate! I'm happy for his success and the way he has stayed true to who he is. Sounds like you had a nice mix of things this weekend. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a good mix and I love being able to give my nieces a break from the little ones.

      Delete
  3. I love that you went on a scooter walk with your little greats! What a fun/exhausting day; I totally would have been in bed by 6:30 as well if I were you. I'm glad your retreat went well and that Joy came and joined all of you; I hope that it was encouraging to her to be surrounded by her people and to hear such a timely message. I loved our Sunday afternoon and evening together! I came right home to shower and then took to the bed early. Ready or not, here Monday comes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a NINJA taking care of five kids on your own- I would've passed out at 5pm- ha! Looks like such a great weekend full of your people and JOY- love seeing you and Jen together as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As tired as I was, I did feel like I had accomplished something big!

      Delete
  5. What does it say about me that I read "Joy in the Dessert" and thought you had a dessert themed retreat? Send help. I'm sorry Saturdays are hard right now. I like that you had a fire. You never know - you may be in a place where you can have a fire pit again. I think you are doing amazing at paring things down and traveling lightly. I am overwhelmed even though we have way less stuff than probably the average family. It just seems like a lot to me.
    I love egg salad and it is like an Easter tradition for me. My mom would really only make it after Easter and I still remember the "colorful" egg salad from the egg dye. Wrapping it in butter lettuce leaves is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I would have enjoyed a dessert retreat too! I am slowly re-adjusting to my quieter Saturdays, although, the next few coming up I think will be busy.

      Delete
  6. How kind of you to babysit a large group of greats. I'm sure it was tiring though in the best possible way. Congrats on your family's impending increase in size! That is exciting! I hope the women's retreat was uplifting to everyone who went to it. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not heard of Nate Bargatze but it is good to hear about a clean comedian, there's not many of them around. How wonderful to spend time with your great nieces and congrats to your brother and the new grandchild!
    It sounds like the retreat was needed and enjoy the fires before you move to your new place. How exciting to be buying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes when I think of having (or babysitting) little kids, just the thought of it is exhausting! I don't blame you for the early bedtime. I bet the Nate show was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello dear Friend! Looks like a busy, but overall lovely weekend. You are such a trooper with all those kiddos! They will keep you moving. Lol And what a lovely retreat - prayers for your parishoner going through all of that. 🙏🏻 It's so funny you talk about paring down your life a bit and I have been working on that too! I just posted about it today. I keep telling myself that future me will be grateful there will be less stuff to deal with one day when we sell this house. I hope you have a very blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Watching littles is exhausting and 5 is a lot! Moving is tiring as well but you sound excited about the new place. Your are doing your kids a huge favor by not having to go through a house one day. We downsized and I saved some of my kids' things in bins as well. They are in storage for now. They both live in small apartments so they don't have room for anything extra but I couldn't part with some of the things. It's fun to get new stuff from FB marketplace! Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...