Wednesday, April 29, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ May 1, 2026

Happy May!

 The theme of this week has been exhaustion for me.  Just plain 'ol moving tired.  I am sore and tired, but I do love my new place!  I am really enjoying being at home.  It has been great to almost have a full week in my new place!  Here are a few favorites from the week....


Monday I went to meet my new great nephew who is 2 1/2 weeks old now.

I ate dinner on my little patio Monday night.

Wednesday, I took a walk before working from home and a walk that evening.  I am hoping to do this more and more after I get all my furniture assembled.

A few pictures from around the new place of some favorites....My new curtains!  I ordered these from Wayfair and love them. I still have some shelves to add and will move a few things around in this corner before I call it done.

I had so many boxes delivered this week and scooting them around by myself I think strained my back.  Ugh, this is one of those times I miss help. 
I assembled 4 new bar stools! My daughter's boyfriend did come by Thursday evening for a bit to help me assemble a new bed and a coffee table.  I have an entertainment center to assemble this weekend, but there are 30 steps to it!!  Oh Lawd!  I hope to get a lot more done this weekend and maybe, just maybe by the next weekend, I can have most of the inside complete, except for hanging a few pictures.  And just to say it one more time, but not the last, I am so thankful for my new home I am loving!  I am thankful for this good reason to be tired, busy and happy to be at home!

Other favorites are all the reels I watch that make me laugh every day!

This is part 1 of 2.....
Part 2 made me giggle, especially about assembling furniture!

Hope you enjoy your weekend and Happy Derby Day tomorrow!
Thanks for reading friends!







11 comments:

  1. What a nice patio! It looks like such a nice place and way to go on the barstools. They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those memes are a riot! I love your new bar stools. They are so pretty. Heck I was sore after just one day of moving boxes/things with Alec... and have skipped my gym workout every day since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those memes are hilarious! I love how the apartment is coming together! Your front porch is huge! Maybe that's a way to meet people. You could have a lemonade stand. Lol. But, it's free. And, it has vodka in it. I also love that your area seems to be super walkable. Slow your roll on the lifting things and wait for help. Back problems are not good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you for doing those barstools! Those memes made me laugh. I love the look of your walks; that really is such a beautiful and lush area. Everything is SO GREEN after the rain we had this week, so it looks extra vibrant. I can't wait to see more of your place after everything is assembled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are funny! Your new place looks so great. How fun to get new furniture (once it's put together of course). Love those curtains. The new baby was really looking at you! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those memes are hysterical! Thanks for the laugh. Your new place is wonderful and the area looks beautiful- so very happy for you - hope you can get some rest this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a nice, relaxed weekend.
    Aww! Your new nephew is just adorable and your little patio is so cute. How exciting to get all the boxes delivered but it doesn't sound fun having to deal with them yourself. The bar stools look great, good job with putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The barstools look SO good, and I can't wait to see everything put together. 30 steps...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bar stools look great! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, enjoy those baby snuggles! I can't believe how alert he is at just a couple of weeks old!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...