Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Currently Hodgepodging ~ May 6, 2026

 It is the first May hodgepodge and always thankful to be linking up with Joyce for this fun post! I am also linking up with Amy below for May's currently!

1. What's something you may do this month?

I may walk outside more before the summer heat comes. I also may organize some boxes in my garage.  

2. Hola! Hodgepodge Day lands just after Cinco de Mayo... how do you feel about Mexican food? What's your favorite dish? Do you make it at home or is it a strictly dine out option? 

I do love me some Mexican food & I will eat it out or home.  If I eat out, I either get tortilla soup, fajitas, or a taco salad.  At home, I am probably just eating tacos & chips & salsa :).

3. When the children of today grow up what do you think they'll say about this time period? What do you most hope they remember? 

We were always looking at our phones :(.  I hope my greats all remember the simple joys of life, how much they are loved & supported, and mostly that they are a child of God!

4. What advice would you give a new mother? 

Sleep!  Realize that everything doesn't have to be perfect or even close to it.  Don't let comparisons creep in. Let others help, even if they do some things differently than you would do it.  Focus more on the heart, acknowledge feelings, and apologize often.

5. What's a phrase your mother often said to you? If you're a mom do you say it to your own children? 

I can't think of a saying off the top of my head that my mom said to me.  A few things I have say to my girls are:

1.  Put your own oxygen mask on first.

2.  Wear sunscreen.

3.  Never ask a woman if she is pregnant unless if you can see the head :).

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Moving right along into Currently with Amy!

Digging – Literally or the 70s version meaning “loving”

My new home!  I am digging all of my new decor and furniture.  Nothing that is in my bedroom was in my previous master bedroom. I have a new dresser, bed, bedding, bookshelf, curtains, bench and pictures on the wall.  I have a chair that belonged to my grandmother, my nightstand that my parents had when they first got married, and a round table a friend gave me that was in my previous guest room. 

In the den, again, everything in there is new within the last few weeks or within the last 3 years.  

I am digging having an extension of my living space in my garage.  I actually have set up my home office in the garage.

I am digging being able to go on walks in a beautiful area.

Weeding– Literally or “cleaning out”

I am weeding through my clothes and boxes in my garage. I currently have a lamp section, a throw pillow section and a huge pile to try to sell on Facebook Marketplace.

Enjoying – foods, shows, books, clothing, people – whatever!

Eating/cooking at home!  I am still trying to eat from my freezer as much as a I can.

I am watching the last season of The Way Home on Netflix and I just finished the new season of Virgin River last week.

I purchased a few new clothing items from Shein recently.  It is my 2nd order from them.  I have liked what I have received, but don't think I will purchase from them on a regular basis.  I will try to share some of these on Tuesdays with Amy's fashion link up.

I enjoy my people.....my daughters, my greats, my parents and extended family, my church friends who are like family, Jenn and the rest of this blog community!

Eating/Drinking –

always frozen yogurt & sourdough bread!

Shopping for –

I recently purchased new furniture from Wayfair's recent sale- coffee table, entertainment center, bed, bar stools, & curtains.  I also purchased a new sofa since I no longer owned a sofa.


That's it for today y'all....thanks for reading and enjoy your day!

17 comments:

  1. How great to have new items for your new place! You'll have to show pictures of your bedroom (if you want to...). I'm glad you like the area that you moved to and you enjoy taking walks outside. Wayfair does have some good sales- we've purchased a decent bit from them over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will send some pictures soon! I am so close, but then I keep bringing boxes back from my parents attic , ha!

      Delete
  2. I love your answer for #3. I said a pretty similar thing that I hope my family remember all the simple, every day moments.
    It sounds like you have been busy sorting your new home and it does look like such a beautiful area! I can see why you are enjoying walking so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I nearly laughed out loud at the never ask a woman if she's pregnant line! Oh so very true. I love that your house is coming together slowly with new/intentional pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, it is true and I still think good advice! Thanks Joanne!

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you are truly getting a fresh start in a new place! Regarding your advice - "Let others help, even if they do some things differently than you would do it" - I wish I had been better at letting others help me. I needed it but would get so caught up in "the right way/my way" that I wasn't very good at allowing others to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. That is something I have had to learn with time.

      Delete
  5. Oh your advice on not letting comparisons sneak in is so on point! How very true. I remember thinking I was always doing something wrong- that game will kill you! So so happy for you in your new home- looks wonderful and wishing you all of the joy there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it will! And this applies to every age/stage of parenting! Thank you Holly.

      Delete
  6. I think this generation has to work hard to fight the comparison trap. There wasn't social media when I was a young mom so everybody just did their own style of parenting without really knowing how other people were cutting their kids sandwiches : ) So glad you're loving the new place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they do. So true about cutting the sandwiches, ha!

      Delete
  7. We answered similarly on the advice to new moms about perfection...how funny! I think young moms today feel lots of pressure. I am also digging your new home and loving all of your new purchases! It's so much fun seeing from one day to the next what else you've done and changed. I'll be anxious to see if you purchase anything on Thursday from Kirklands!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha - Don't ask a pregnant woman about being pregnant unless you see the head!
    I love your new area and the walkability!
    I love your "fresh start" with new things, and I think that has got to be good for you. I love how you have decorated. It will be a transition when Brook moves in but I hope you have enjoyed this time to get your things in order before she comes and I hope you enjoy having her, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy you're enjoying your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your answer for #3 - so true. I hate that we are raising kids in a time where everyone is on a phone nonstop. I really hope that eventually things turn around and people learn to spend less time scrolling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to hear about your experience with the Wayfair furniture. Jack will need lots of furnishings for his place in the fall since most of the furniture belonged to his roommate. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...