Another Wednesday Hodgepodge with our lovely host, Joyce! Thanks for stopping by!
2. What impresses you?
Integrity and honesty
3. On a scale of 1-10 how picky of an eater are you? (1=extremely and 10=not at all) If you had to eat a meal made entirely of one color what color would you choose?
7. As a child, this number would be 3. I have learned to like so many more foods as I have gotten older. My plate would probably be a mix of brown/white. Exhibit A:
This was my dinner Monday night...grilled chicken tenders, baked potato, and these delicious vegetable nests from Trader Joe's. They are a mix of kale, carrots and onions.
Balance is not doing one thing perfect by any means, but being in a space where you can juggle multiple things. Multiple can be 2 or it can be 10! I am thankful to be in a place where I do feel balanced. I work 3 part time jobs, take care of my new home (cleaning and the business side of things), check in on my aging parents, mom to young adult daughters, spend time with friends and help out extended family by spending time with my greats.
5. If you could travel the world for a year what would be your first destination?
I would start in Australia, visiting Sydney and Brisbane. I would love to see the opera house in Sydney and my dear friends I met while living in Colombia that now live in Brisbane. Then I would backtrack back over the USA and head over to Europe to go on my Sound of Music tour in Austria!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
So my suggestion board on Instagram looks like this right now....Harry Styles. He started his new world tour last Saturday night in Amsterdam and I am watching all the clips.
Ha, ha! May you find many more laughs today and good music too :)

That last meme had me cracking up! And 3 part time jobs??? How do you do it?
ReplyDeleteA little bit at a time, but I am thankful for the flexibility.
DeleteI relate to the weekend meme : ) I haven't tried the vegetable nests from Trader Joes. Ours isn't very close so I don't get there often. It's near Costco but by the time I finish Costco I often can't face any more shopping. Have a great day Marilyn!
ReplyDeleteCostco can wear you out from doing anything else I believe!
DeleteOMG those memes, especially the last one, had me howling- ha ha!! Dating - yes and at any age for the matter. You got this girl! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Holly!
DeleteI bet dating in your 50s is already complicated and then one can complicate it even more!
ReplyDeleteI forgot about those little veggie nests; those are good! Speaking of Trader Joe's...the employees always ask if I have exciting plans and I'm like, "Trader Joe's WAS my exciting plans!"
Exactly!!
DeleteI loved your answers! Your first one got me. You are so right! Your dinner from Monday night looks delicious. I eat a lot of brown and white foods, as well. As an outsider looking in, I would say your life is very balanced! You should be so proud of yourself. Love you, friend!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend!
DeleteGood luck with the dating!
ReplyDeleteYum to your dinner on Monday night. I would quite happily eat that even though I am not a massive fan of kale.
I am expecting for my TikTok to be full of Harry Styles videos soon. I do love him, it goes back to when he was in One Direction and my girls were huge fans.
Brown and white are the best answers for the food question!
ReplyDeleteThe memes are so funny and relatable. You are doing such a good job balancing ALL.THE.THINGS! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! I think dating at just about any age can and usually is pretty complicated. Oh those memes... that is my kind of camping!! And my kind of weekend too (minus the cheese).
ReplyDeleteWe did the Sound of Music tour in Austria! It was as amazing as you might imagine. Definitely keep that on your bucket list!
ReplyDeleteThe Trader Joe's vegetables look good! I like what you said about balance- all so true. You have a lot on your plate but you seem to be balancing everything quite nicely. I'm glad to see that Harry is wearing pants again! (Didn't he go through a dress/skirt phase?) The memes are so funny- thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI love the memes! I gave up dating back in my 50s because I am a terrible picker. I wish you much better luck!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed reading your answers today - and I'm impressed that you manage three part-time jobs! That seems like quite the juggling trick. Glad you are able to keep it all balanced.
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to that last meme about the weekends. We try to do one fun thing every weekend, but the rest of the weekend feels like what the meme describes. LOL
Hope you're having a great week!
Love your answers my Friend. I did the dating in the late 40’s early 50’s thing and I’ll just say it was worth kissing some nice frogs to get my prince. Lol I love Harry Styles too! His new album is fun. Love that last meme. Hilarious! 😂
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that there is hope for my kid who is a very picky eater- hopefully when he grows up, he will be more than a 3 like he is now!
ReplyDelete