Well, happy June my friends! I have been a little sporadic here in the blog world the last few weeks, but all is well. Today I will make up for it with lots of photos!
I left after work Tuesday to start my drive and arrived in Savannah Wednesday afternoon. I love this city!
I decided to work smarter, not harder when taking in all my things to the hotel!
A few hour later, I met up with my daughter and her boyfriend, who had already traveled to Savannah. We met at her favorite coffee shop and had a late lunch. I was glad to see her after 10 weeks and also to go to one of my favorite places in Savannah.
I love the moss trees and will really miss visiting this place.
Thursday morning, I was able to meet a friend for a brunch. We had these wonderful strawberry mimosas! I met her after college during my single days and now she lives in Savannah. It has been great to connect on my visits there.
Later that evening, my oldest daughter arrived in town and the 4 of us went to eat. I loved being with them and I feel complete when we are all together. Side note, I feel whole as a person alone, but love the company of my daughters and when Wade is with us too. I was able to show Brook a video I made for her with clips from friends and family wishing her congratulations on graduation. It was really a special time.
Friday morning was graduation day. Stella McCartney was the guest speaker. Yes, she is Paul McCartney's daughter and also has her own fashion line.
We went to an open house where we were able to see my daughter's capstone project and get a picture with her favorite professor.
Her home away from home the past 4 years has been in this building.
We took a shuttle to the graduation location, so thankful we didn't have to fight traffic too bad at any point during the day. And the rain also held off for the day!
Somebody was tired of me taking pictures at this point. Please note, I am sharing only a 1/4 of the pictures that were actually taken this day :)!
She and her roommate
Sisters, my daughters
It was such a great day!
Link to my Amazon dress here! It has pockets, super comfy and comes in many colors!
After the ceremony, we were invited to the Air BNB where her roommate's family was staying for drinks and hor dourves. Momma could use a drink by this point of the day! They had a playlist and Elvis came on....I felt at home in that moment.
The Air BNB
Afterwards, the 5 of us went to dinner.
I had chicken served over veggies and it was delicious.
One of my favorite things to do in Savannah is to walk along the river. Saturday morning, I took a few minutes to do this before I left town. I wanted to get this building in a photo because it was in the background of several we took from graduation the day prior.
I call her B as a nickname and SCAD's mascots are the Bees and this boat was docked with the convention center, where graduation was held, behind it. It seemed like a perfect shot to end the trip.
My oldest left town early that morning and I went to pack up some items after my walk along the river before I made the 9 hour drive by myself. I talked on the phone and then basically put on a concert in my car the rest of the time as I drove home.
I made it home by 8pm and got a good night's rest. I went to church Sunday, had some help unpacking my car of all the things and sat outside by the pool for a few hours talking with friends. It was a wonderful Sunday afternoon.
Thank you friends for praying for me as all of us were together again for this family event. I am so thankful we could focus on the celebration at hand and for the chance to celebrate her hard work and graduating summa cum laude!
I hope you all have a fabulous start to your month and week!



Loved reading about your weekend in Savannah. Congrats to Brook! What an accomplishment- from getting into SCAD to graduating with honors. Your pictures are all so good- what a great occasion to spend time with your girls. How lovely to spend time with her roommate's family, too. Savannah looks beautiful and I'd love to visit it. Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteThanks Maria! Savannah is a beautiful place to visit.
DeleteWhat an amazing milestone! To even get into SCAD and then be Summa Cum Laude? Wow! Love all the photos you shared. My original fam went to Savannah multiple times for something for my Dad for the military and it was always over St. Patrick's Day. I remember the green river and the festivities along the river. I'm glad you also got to see a friend and the strawberry mimosa sounds yum!
ReplyDeleteRight?? She did stay one year to experience St. Patrick's Day there.
DeleteCongrats!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dara!
DeleteCongratulations, Brookie! I know you're proud of her and that you enjoyed the moments over the last several days. I'm proud of you, too! I know you're also a little relieved that this is now behind you. It's difficult having to confront the past, but you did it and came out stronger because of it. I love your dress and those pics from your dinner Friday night. I know you loved that time with just you, the girls, and Wade! I can't wait to see you today and catch up even more!
ReplyDeleteSo proud! Looking forward to today!
DeleteCongratulations to you all! You are glowing Marilyn- you should be so proud for so many different reasons. P.S I think RED is your color :)
ReplyDeleteaw, well thanks Holly!
DeleteWhat a great celebration and accomplishment! I could not drive 9 hours by myself! I'm one of those that gets sleepy in a car. I wish I could do that! You packed a lot into your time and so many great pictures. I know you must be so proud of her. Glad you made it home :)
ReplyDeleteIt is a long trip, but I was thankful for some phone calls and music!
DeleteAww! That is great you got to spend time with your daughters and what a great trip to Savannah! Oh wow! How cool that Stella McCartney was the guest speaker at graduation. Congrats to your daughter!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim!
DeleteWhat a wonderful and special trip. Your daughters are so beautiful! (like their Mama). Congrats to Brook on her graduation - and how cool is it that Stella McCartney was the guest speaker!!! I know what you mean because when I have both kids at home for visits I feel that all is well with the world too. Love that dress you're wearing and may need to check that out. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you had a nice weekend and wishing you blessings on the week ahead. xo
Yes, having your people home feels complete!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your daughter! I know you are super proud! Looks like an amazing time, and your dress is super cute! You look so great!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I'm glad the weather cooperated and you were able to celebrate your daughter's accomplishment. What a fun speaker! I love the river walk there too and the interior of the Marriott on the water is so interesting, with it's collection displayed. A museum really. I know you'll love having the graduate back in your geography!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a fabulous graduation weekend! That dress looks amazing on you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your girl! What a wonderful weekend! My brother graduated from SCAD, too!
ReplyDelete