Friday, July 17, 2026

Friday Favorites ~ July 17, 2026

 Happy Friday!  This post is a little recap of my week so far. The fact that today is Friday is a huge favorite!


Monday 
This was a car morning.  I had an early morning oil change (I was there by 7:05am) and other car maintenance, then I went to renew my car tag in person due to my new address.  This only took an hour, which I was pleasantly surprised actually! I got gas, so I had spent a lot of money before 10am on my car!
Afterwards, I had an appointment and had lunch with my parents and sister.
I did a little remote work throughout the afternoon, visited with a friend at work and went to TJ Maxx & found Halloween is in the store!
I then had dinner in another suburb about 45 minutes away.  It was a long, but good day.  I left home at 7am and got home closer to 8:30pm that night.


Tuesday 
I started the day at a work event where I tried an official dirty soda (I had made one at home but this was the first one I ordered).  This was coke zero, sugar free vanilla and half and half.  I enjoyed it, but this isn't something I would get on repeat.  I was able to get this complimentary so it seemed like a good time to try it!  After work, I had a coffee meeting and then came home to watch the All Star game.  I watch this every year, but I think this is the first time I have watched it by myself.  American League won if you didn't watch.

Wednesday
I worked at home, went to a meeting, then had a quick visit with Jenn.  It had been a long time since I had stopped by her house and so I was greeted with some Chloe love!
I came home to do a little more work, but first was lunch.  I blended some cottage cheese with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese and mixed it with some shredded chicken (which was already seasoned with taco seasoning). I ate this with some chips and it was delicious.
I then met a friend at a coffee shop to do a little more work and enjoyed a London Fog.  This is my favorite place to get one and it is delicious here.
After the coffee shop, I was hungry but wasn't sure what I wanted for dinner.  It was honestly a little later than I like to eat.  (I like to eat embarrassingly early...before 6 if I am eating on my own, which is most nights). I stopped by Whole Foods and picked up these snacks and drink.
I made 4 little treats of the parm crisps with the turkey pepperoni.  This was the perfect protein snack to keep me satisfied the rest of the night.  I saved the other snacks for work.

Thursday 
This was a work day with 2 different hospital events, one in the morning and one at night. I was exhausted at the end of it.  Since I had my long day at work, I was able to take a break to meet up with my sister at a 100 % gluten free cafe/restaurant.  My sister is a school teacher and yes, she started back to work this week.  She eats gluten free and everything is good there! I had a small piece of quiche.  It was good, just not filling, ha!

One random favorite I saw this week was this magnet:

Ha, ha!  Hope you all have a lovely weekend and thanks for reading!




11 comments:

  1. When my mom and I went shopping last week I was surprised to see that Hobby Lobby had not just fall/Halloween stuff out but tons of Christmas stuff out already too! I try to never eat after 6:30 and most nights we eat around 5:30. Then I don't eat breakfast the next day until around 8:30 or even later if I'm not feeling real hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a busy week! I love Whole Foods. They have so many good prepared foods. This week I loved my roasted sweet potatoes, black beans, avocado, red onion combo. I am off to TJ Maxx today, too, and I fully expect fall stuff since I started seeing it at World Market this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy, intense and very fun week! I bet your heart was full! Love to read this- you are glowing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun week. The dog is so cute. I also went to TJ Maxx this week and saw that Halloween is out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had both a fun and full week! I love that you had a balance of work, family, friends, productivity, and fun. I haven't been to JoJo's in a year...it's time to go again. I might try to get there next week sometime! The London Fog sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad all the car things went OK.
    Oh no! It is too soon for Halloween stuff in the stores. Eek!
    I keep hearing about dirty sodas but haven't tried one yet.
    It sounds like a busy week! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to hear you got all your car maintenance out of the way. Our car is coming up for registration soon, so we’ll have to deal with all of that soon too. It’s not my favourite thing, but it does feel good once it’s done for the year. I can’t believe your TK Maxx has Halloween decor out already! We call it TJ Maxx over here (not sure why). I went two days ago but haven’t seen any festive decor yet. Have a great weekend, Marilyn!
    Ruth@playworkeatrepeat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a “normal” week which sometimes are the best ones, right??? Great snack-y dinner you made - good inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a good week! You got a lot done personally and professionally. You look so cute in all of your pictures :). Your snack/dinner sounds good. I think I'm making myself a bowl of popcorn for dinner- Donnie and Alyssa want Skyline Chili (GROSS!) so I think I'm gonna have popcorn! Free is definitely the best way/time to try a dirty soda!! The ones I like the best I'm not sure are technically "dirty" because they don't always have the half and half. The ones I like are the ones with a pop base and then syrups added to them. Not sure, though, that that constitutes a pure dirty soda?? I hope your weekend is going well :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Busy, busy! Yea for checking off all the car chores. I agree about eating earlier in the evening. I'm just catching up on blog reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seems like a great week- busy, but full! I love your snack/meal ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ July 29, 2026

Happy Wednesday and Hodgepodge day!!! ​ 1. What was the last thing you celebrated?  I am celebrating every day this week! I’ll post more abo...