Good morning. I hope you are doing well with the start of a new week. I am joining today with Hello Monday with a quick weekend recap and then finally a post on our first Alaskan port from the cruise.

I am counting last Thursday night as a part of the recap where I joined Jenn and some friends at the movie to see Practical Magic 2. It was a fun night, cute movie and such a cool theater. 
Friday night, I joined Jenn and and these lovely ladies to celebrate their birthday.

Now on to our Alaska! After our first day at sea, the next day we finally had our first sight of Alaska!

Our first port was Ketchikan. We walked this city and did some local shopping instead of any excursions.
This is a super popular place to eat, but we did not eat here. It is listed on all the Ketchikan travel pages. The line was long! We just got a drink at a coffee shop and ate back on the ship.
Creek Street is the local shopping area of Ketchikan.
This sign made me laugh, as this place was called the Sourdough Bar & Liquor Store.
We got back on the ship and I loved taking this picture of my girls looking for wildlife. Having binoculars was fun to use on the cruise!
From our room, we were able to see a plane land at the local airport, which I thought was cool.
That night after dinner, I enjoyed a mocktail strawberry daquiri, which was included with our drink package. It was a good drink and I had another one on another day.

As we were walking around the ship that night, we saw our cruise director and it was fun to get a picture with him.
We loved our first day with our feet touching the ground in Alaska!
How was your weekend?
That sounds like a lovely weekend and a wonderful first day in Alaska.
ReplyDeleteSo lovely!
DeleteYour weekend plans sounded fun! Great pictures!! I enjoyed reading about what you did on your cruise- the first time being in Alaska. How long did you have to be in the town before you had to go back to the ship? Did your room have a balcony (maybe you covered that already?). Everything looks so nice!
ReplyDeleteWe had probably 6 hours in the port, but we didn't stay that long. Yes, we had a balcony! I will mention that in the next post. Thanks Maria!
DeleteCould you have brought your own airplane bottles on the ship and added one to the mocktail package drink? Lol. I think that is the little town in The Proposal. You should watch it if you haven't seen it recently. It's such a cute movie.
ReplyDeleteYes, you can bring bottles of wine/alcohol on board up to a certain amount. Oh, I love the movie The Proposal! It is one of my favorites! The city they go to is Sitka.
DeleteSitka -that's right. I'm watching a reality show where a dude named his dog "Sitka", too.
DeleteI'm so glad we spent a few nights in a row together! It was fun having you there Thursday and Friday. I loved reading about Ketchikan! It's beautiful there.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great weekend- yeah! Ok I love following along with this cruise. With every most, you are making me want to go on one so badly! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved Ketchikan, such a cute little town!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like such a fun stop with plenty of small town charm. I'm sure the cruise ships help their economy so much! The mocktail looks delicious. I have never thought of getting amocktail, but will have to consider it next time I'm out. Hope you have a great start to the week.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a great Friday evening!
ReplyDeleteAlaska looks amazing! I imagine the binoculars came in very handy.