Good morning! Today I am sharing my next port of call, Juneau, Alaska. Did "juneau" Juneau is the only U.S. state capital that cannot be reached by car or highway? You can only get there by airplane or boat.
The morning before we arrived, we were up early to see some glaciers, but we had super foggy weather. We had our cups of coffee and hot chocolate ready.
We would randomly see ice floating in the water this morning.
Y'all, I miss the me in August wearing a hat and a blanket over my sweatshirt! Our room had what they call a infinite veranda, where the balcony is integrated into the room itself instead of being a separate outdoor area. There is floor-to-ceiling glass: The outer wall is a large window with a button control, which you can see behind me. You push a button to slide the top half of the glass down so opening the window lets the breeze directly into the seating space inside. There are bifold doors that separate the veranda nook from the main sleeping area & there are also automated blinds that close for privacy or darkness. We loved this room!
Oh Alaska, you are stunning!
We hired a driver to take us to and from Mendenhall Glacier.
We took the mile walk up to the falls and had fun taking pictures there! The views all around us were so pretty!
Our driver dropped us off downtown and we walked around this area before walking back to the ship.
We found a Taku gift shop and this was special to Brook because she had done a school project on this area.
That evening, a picture was taken of me staring out the window at the views taking pictures. I did this quite a bit!
The day ended with a beautiful sunset.
Thanks for coming along on today's stop!


Wonderful pictures of you guys! Did the cruise not offer an excursion to the waterfall park? Just curious because you said you hired a driver. Were there excursions you could have done at every port? It looks so pretty there and I love your room feature of being able to open up the window. It all looks SO NICE!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are phenomenal! I'm so ready for a hoodie or sweatshirt. Ha!
ReplyDeleteI didn't "neau" that. It took me a bit to figure out your pun - lol. It looks amazing! I love your room and the views it provided.
ReplyDeleteWow! What a beautiful city. The shots of the sky are just unreal. I never knew and so appreciate you sharing everything!
ReplyDeleteWow, that sunset is amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat an absolutely lovely day!
ReplyDeleteHow cool to randomly see ice floating in the water! The infinite veranda sounds fantastic! Brilliant photos, the scenery is just stunning!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing room! I'm already missing the cool irish temperatures!
ReplyDeleteHello beautiful Friend! Sorry I'm behind in visits. My blog won't show updated posts from folks for some reason? What gorgeous photos and scenery! Truly a trip of a lifetime and Alaska (among many places) is on my bucket list. I love that your cabins had that button feature so you could have the outside right in your room. I think that's the coolest ship thing I've ever seen!! Blessings on the rest of your week xoxo
ReplyDeleteThat is the one cruise I would like to do... to Alaska! Beautiful!
ReplyDeletewww.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com