Happy Monday friends! Well, I have been in a blog trend the last few weeks of not blogging on Fridays. I feel like life has been so busy on Wednesday/Thursdays for me, the blog has taken a back seat to real life. Here are a few pictures from last week and my weekend.
Thursday morning at work, I was excited to watch the live launch from Florida of the Space X to the International Space Station. I am so fascinated by all things space and use to watch all of the launches.
Friday morning, I went on a walk before work and Brook sent me this picture on her way to work of this amazing full rainbow!
After a day of working at home, I decided to go to the local high school football game. There was a light drizzle the first 15 minutes, but then it stopped and it was a lovely evening to sit outside. I am so glad I did this as I wanted to go to a football game this fall. I sat with some friends from my church. After the game, I stopped by to visit with Jen for about an hour.
Saturday morning, I cooked breakfast and made my first loaf of pumpkin bread this season. I used my new measurement spoons from Alaska.
I used a new recipe and used oat flour. My original recipe calls for a little orange juice and this one did not. This one did taste good, but it wasn't as sweet either, even with the chocolate chips.
After eating a full breakfast of bread, bacon and scrambled eggs, I met a friend of mine at a park for a walk. She and I walked 5 miles and it felt great outside to do this.
I went grocery shopping, had a little time at home, then I walked to dinner to meet up with Jen, Mallory and Meredith. We love hanging out with these ladies! The restaurant is close to where I live, but they did bring me home afterwards.
Sunday, I walked to church and kept the nursery. That afternoon, we turned my bathroom into a makeup counter and my daughter did my makeup and it was fun to try some new products.


Great pictures from your weekend! It sounds like it was a good one. How fun to go to a high school football game and also meet up with Jen and the girls. You all look amazing. I like your black top! Your make up looks so good- your daughter did a good job :).
ReplyDeleteYou can even walk to Rotolo's? Wow! I love your makeup! Share the products if you keep this routine.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know a space shuttle was launching but I love to watch it land. I still have PTSD from seeing the disaster at my junior high back in the 80s so landing is best for me.
What a fun weekend Marilyn! I always say there is nothing better than high school football- My Friday Night looked just like yours!
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun weekend! I'm glad you got your football game checked off your list. I was glad that I stayed home that night. I needed it after what felt like a long week! I think it's always a good thing when our blogs take a backseat to life. I feel that at this stage in both of our lives, that's always such a great thing to able to say. We get to live our best lives and do all these fun things...even in the midst of the hard days, it's nice that we get to say this. I woke up feeling so grateful for this today after the day I had yesterday with my friend from work.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a nice weekend!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting to see the live launch and the high school football sounds like fun!
ReplyDeleteThose measurement spoons are gorgeous and yum to the pumpkin bread!
It sounds like a good evening with Jen and the other ladies. Fab photos!
What a wonderful weekend! That full rainbow is incredible.
ReplyDelete