Friday, February 17, 2012

Break in, but not Broken

It happened again to us.  This is the second time in our marriage Avery has called me to say we had a break-in at our house.  Ugh, a small sinking feeling.  A small one.  We were violated, intruded upon, but we are safe.  So interesting, the day prior to this happening was the same day I posted that I was feeling weary and needed strength for my soul.  Well, the next day with this news, I grew a little weaker.  But then I was reminded, when I am weak, He is strong.

The very morning of this event, I said a prayer as the girls & I left our house for bible study.  "Lord, please protect our home."  Honestly, I don't say that prayer most days (usually just before we leave town).  As I was driving home once I heard the news, I thought for a moment, did that prayer do any good?  Well, it sure did.  God did protect our home. God did protect our family.  We weren't there and no one was hurt, which is most important. On a material note, they did take a few expensive things, but our alarm system also prevented them from taking much more.  Our house was a little messy, but not ransacked at all.  That morning at bible study I was even telling my dear friend how I was just tired from a discouraging week, nothing terrible, just weary.  As I was telling her this, it was about the same time as the intruder entered our house.

So many things I have been reading about in Revelation came to mind.  I have been reading verses about the return of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.  I had also answered a question the day before that we should love people (who have eternal value) over our stuff, and not love our stuff.  How often do we say, "Oh, I love that!".  I know when we say it we don't really value it over people we love, but as we say that over and over again about so many things, we do begin to value it more than the souls of people we don't know.  I do admit, I am always sad to hear about lifestyles of crime, and was sad for the people who came here.  But I am not always thinking out of my heart, but unfortunately, many times from my flesh.  So I did get angry.  I did ride by the area where they live (I found out through a GPS program).  As I rode away, I was once again reminded of the verse "Vengeance is mine says the Lord".  This week, I have learned more about the sad, but real judgements coming in the last days.  I am in the book of life.  I hope you are there too so we can serve together, as there will be no relationships in hell.  None.

Our house now consists of an upgraded alarm system, new fence, and yes, Lord, help me, even a new dog (a  2 year old lab).  Meet Beckham Bridges:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...