Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Day of Love

Happy Valentine's Day to you!  Hope you are feeling much loved today!  We started our day with some heart biscuits as part of our breakfast before school.  The girls wanted a day off from school, telling me it was a national holiday.  I did not give in to this (they get plenty of breaks, believe me)!

For dinner, we had quite a lovely table and feast.  The girls had goodie boxes filled with their desserts - fudge, cake brownies, chocolate covered strawberries & grapes.  Avery got some too :)  I made a strawberry drink that I had found on pinterest actually as a Christmas idea treat.  They all got a little gift too afterwards.  For background music, we played Anthony Evans' CD Love, and also this awesome song that really sums up the true meaning of love.  Listen to it as you look through these pictures and remember you are deeply loved by the one who created you and died for you!


Anthony Evans (brother of Priscilla Shirer, and also will be on the Voice Monday night)
We are huge fans!


sideways Valentine's towel :)


Candles were of course lit during dinner!


Table centerpiece


Heart biscuit, made with love


dessert box


and for Brook



fruit drink
(Avery had a name plate too, it just wasn't pictured!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...