Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Thrill of Hope

On this Christmas morning, I will share with you some of the lyrics from my favorite Christmas song.  May you be encouraged by the thrill of hope.



O holy night! The stars are brightly shining.  

It is the night Of the dear Savior's birth!

Long lay the world in sin and error pining Till he appear'd and the soul felt His worth.

A thrill of hope, The weary world rejoices.

For yonder breaks A new and glorious morn.

Fall on your knees, Oh hear the angel voices.

Oh night divine Oh night when Christ was born.

Chains shall He break For the slave is our brother.

And in His name all oppression shall cease.

Sweet hymns of joy In grateful chorus raise we Let all within us praise His holy name.

Christ is the Lord, let ever ever praise Thee.

Oh night, Oh night divine.

And a close second to O Holy Night, I love the 3rd verse of Away in a Manger:


Be near me Lord Jesus 
I ask thee to stay 
Close by me forever 
And love me I pray 
Bless all 
The dear children 
In thy tender care 
And fit us for Heaven 
To live with thee there

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...