1. Happy Birthday to my mom! She celebrated a birthday on Friday. I am thankful for each year with my mom.
2. Happy Sweet 16 Anniversary to Avery & I! We celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary on Friday. We left the girls with some teammates for the night & we went to a local hotel in Bogota. Unfortunately, Avery had fever, but it was still good to get away.
The outside of where we ate dinner. It was so nice to sit down in a restaurant not located in a mall. I actually heard someone who was eating here speak English! It was not in a North American accent, but still English. It is amazing how just hearing someone that you don't know speak English makes me turn my head. It is a rare sound. It is very different from Europe here because we haven't found any waiters/waitresses who speak any English. I'm telling you, ordering & getting through a meal is a small victory around here.
The hotel where we stayed, which was very nice.
Directly across from the hotel is a nice park. This area of Bogota was bustling Friday night & kind of reminded me of NYC :)
Bible in the hotel drawer
This is a sight I hadn't seen in a month....a heat & air unit! Houses do not have this here. It was nice to turn on some air, if nothing else for the background noise.
3. Happy Memorial Day! There are many holidays here in Colombia, so many that even some of the locals can't tell you what they are. Memorial Day is not one of them, so it is just a normal Monday around here. No pool parties (people are wearing coats & scarves here year round) or grilling out. They both sound so good!
I hope you have a happy day taking a day off work & enjoying this US holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment