Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Home Food

Because food makes up so much of our day, here is a little bit of food from home we found!

We were told about a store here called The Market, which is an import store.  It has imports from the US & also from Asia.  We saw several products which got us excited, but this is what we bought.  I will refrain from telling you how much we paid for these luxuries.  However, we did refrain from the box of Raisin Bran, which cost $24 US dollars (although it did include 2 bags).

This is what we did buy!

Our friend here went back to the states, & yesterday, I was greeted with a Target sack!  It had 3 things we had requested:

Chocolate chips - You can hardly find them here, & I've heard they are not too good when you do see them.
Sunscreen - We definitely need sunscreen here living closer to the equator, but it so expensive!
Cliff bars - I have picky eaters & we need snacks :)

On our walk to the store, we found a nice park.

The girls are still smiling thankfully & doing well, although they have been congested this week.

On our walk home, we saw this guy working from the side of the building.  He had on no gear!

He was just sliding down a rope sitting on a wooden board.  

And this is a pretty window on our walk back to our temporary home.

Happy Wednesday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...