Friday afternoon, the girls & I took our first outing outside of Bogota. One of our sweet team members took us to a pottery store just north of the city. It was nice to see a different part, even if we were stuck in traffic most of the time! Have I mentioned how horrible the traffic is here? It's really bad, but at least we have the mountains as scenery along the way!
We also went to a factory store of a local dairy plant here. It was really pretty with the thatched roof & mountains in the background.
So I splurged & bought a North American imported grocery product. Notice there is a huge spanish sticker over the English instructions!
And this was my result from my first high altitude baking. I'm going to blame this on the oven here. This is how the cookies looked after just 3 minutes of baking! Never thought I'd miss chocolate chip cookies so much! So if you're planning on coming to visit us in Colombia, please bring chocolate chips! (and I'm sure I can think of plenty of other things too!)
A view of the city from a mall rooftop
My creative mother's day wrapped gift from the girls. I got a beautiful necklace & earrings.
At church Sunday, all the moms were honored with a red rose.
This is a view as we are approaching the transmilenio stop, which is the bus public transportation. Thankfully, the bus has its own lane though. Do you see this traffic? It is like this at most hours of the day. People who own a car here can only drive on certain days at certain times & traffic is still this congested. Notice the girls walking down the ramp to the station.
We had an excellent Mother's Day with dear friends here. Here is Isabella, Brook, & Mateo.
My new BFF in Bogota!
but so sad she will move next month :(
If you are curious, this is what our 3rd temporary house looks like. We live on one side of this big house owned by the Southern Baptist International Mission Board. They have been so gracious to open up this space to us for the rest of the month.

No comments:
Post a Comment