Also, I have public service announcement....Colombia does not honor daylight savings time, so because our time never changes, we are now on Eastern Standard Time in the states!
Okay...Our weekend began with me taking Isabella and 3 friends to youth group Friday night. We all crammed into a taxi with backpacks and food because I was feeding the youth group Friday night. I visited with some teammates during the youth group time and Avery took Brook to a friend's house for about 2 hours Friday evening while we were gone.
I made BBQ chicken, brought buns, chips, and brownies and cookies to share.
The group will play ping pong beforehand and Isabella was cheering them on!
These are the girls that rode with us in our taxi to youth group.
Saturday, we had a relaxing morning then Avery and I went to meet some teammates for a few hours. On our way there, our taxi broke down, we walked several blocks, waited about 15 minutes (which can seem like a long time!) and finally found another taxi to take us. Once we returned home, I made chili and cornbread and lit my pumpkin candle :).
Our administration from our building brought the girls Halloween candy Saturday afternoon.
Sweet pumpkin smell of fall!
Chili and cornbread
Dessert
Living on the 16th floor of a guarded apartment building, you don't get any trick or treaters! I do miss that and miss our girls dressing up for Halloween. Traffic was crazier than normal for sure around us because most kids are going to the mall here (which is basically around the corner from us) for Halloween.
I had on my orange and fall colors and watched the crazies in the crazy traffic.
This is an intersection we can see from our balcony. There are no rules of the road here. The only rule is every man for himself!
This is looking the other direction in front of the mall.
Now the city will go straight to Christmas mode since there is no Thanksgiving or fall season here. I realize the states is already in Christmas mode too, but there is also a few fall colors and turkeys in the mix!
Hey, but its all good. We were blessed this past week with tickets to come home for Christmas!! A Sunday School class raised money for us to come home and we are so thankful and excited! I love to travel, so this makes me very happy.
Sunday was filled with church and taking Brook to the mall to spend a gift card she received for her birthday. I also made pumpkin muffins!
So thankful for these imported goods of brown sugar and a can of pumpkin!
Hope you all have a happy Monday!


No comments:
Post a Comment