Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Favorites, February 2016

Happy Friday!  I did intend to post yesterday, however, our internet wasn't working until mid-day yesterday.  



This cute little girl turns 15 today!!  
Happy birthday to our Isabella!!
Check out www.bogotabridges.com blog for another post on her birthday :)




Avery hung photos on our wall of some of my favorite people this week!


About 3-4 times a year, Bogota has the day with no cars.  This basically means only buses, taxis and other forms of public transportation and hired transportation can be on the road.  I am officially a huge fan of this!  The city does this basically to reduce pollution, which is so terrible here because of all the buses. However, it obviously makes for a lighter traffic day, and my favorite part could be the lack of horns honking all day long!!


Basically, day without cars brings Bogota equal to traffic in any other major city.  

For us, the other highlight was that because it was day without cars here, the girls had a virtual day from school!!  This means the girls did not have to physically go to school yesterday, but only had to do their assignments from home.  We all loved this and it was great to have this day the week of Isabella's party.  Speaking of her party, I was able to go to Pricesmart and return home in 2 hours yesterday!!  Normally, it is one hour each way and an hour for shopping.  Yesterday, we made it there in 30 minutes and then 30 minutes travel time back home!  

Happy weekend and I'll post next week with photos from the quince party!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...