Wednesday, September 12, 2018

How We Fall

Today I am talking about How We Fall and also Fall Fashion.


Here are some ways we embrace fall around here.  I have some fall foods and crafts listed on my fall Pinterest board.

Hot Drinks

I do enjoy hot drinks in the fall and winter.  I am not a coffee drinker, but enjoy hot tea or hot chocolate.  If I am out and about, I enjoy a Starbucks hot chocolate.

If we make hot chocolate at home for the family, it is usually Colombian hot chocolate.  We have had several people bring us some so we have some in stock. 
The Colombian hot chocolate comes from these chocolate bars you see below and cooked on the stove in an aluminum pitcher, called a chocolatera and mixed with this special wooden mixer, called a molinillo.


Candy Corn
I love candy corn, but I also like it in this autumn mix with the pumpkins.  I try to indulge in this snack only once during the season, but it brings joy when that happens!

Pumpkin breads

I just began embracing pumpkin flavored food about 4 years ago.....silly me!  Now, I love having cans of pumpkin in stock at our home in the fall.

The only downfall for me is that most pumpkin recipes I like are not the healthiest, but they sure are delicious.  Here are two of my favorite sweet pumpkin recipes.  I do have one low-calorie pumpkin recipe on my pinterest board however!



Boots, leggings, tunics, and scarves

This is my fashion look for the fall.  
These leggings are my favorite.  Like most things from Nordstrom, I bought these during the anniversary sale.  I have several tunics from Old Navy that I like and of course my favorite boots are the ones I talk about every year...these Uggs.


Evening walks

I am hoping as the weather gets cooler, I will have the energy in the evenings for a walk to our neighborhood lake.


Football games

We have been to one high school football game and will attend at least one more.  I am not a huge football fan, but I do like football season.

Birthdays

My husband has a September birthday, my youngest daughter has an October birthday, and I have a November birthday, so we celebrate birthdays in the fall.  (My oldest has a winter birthday, so we all have cool season birthdays :)).

Decorating

I plan on decorating for fall this weekend, even though it isn't going to feel too cool.  That's okay.  I know it is coming.  I will be sharing these decorations next week on the blog.

Woo hoo, glad we are at the mid week point.  Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I didn't mention my beloved UGG boots - I wear them alll the time! And that hot chocolate sounds AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some UGG boots in my life! I love your picks. Yes to all the pumpkin goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Ugg slippers and I could wear them every day! I bet the style Ugg boots you have are so comfy!!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...