Thursday, September 3, 2020

Friday Favorites ~ September 4, 2020


Happy Friday everyone!  And it is a long, holiday weekend!



ONE

This little change in our bathroom renovation has made all the difference.  This plug was 35 years old and whenever something was plugged into it, it fell out within a few minutes.  My husband replaced it and it is so nice to be able to plug in a hair dryer and it not fall out the plug!

TWO

I have been enjoying some walks in the mornings a few times a week since the temperatures are cooler.  I took a walk at our local park with a friend and stopped to snap a picture of the Buffalo.

THREE

I joined a bible study this week, which was a last minute decision, but am looking forward to it.  I am a part of the Hosea study where fellow blogger Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness was a writer and I was able to meet her this week.  Next week, I am meeting up with some ladies from a new church plant to do a book study with them.  We will study Restless by Jennie Allen.  I did read this in the book I am reading, The Red Sea Rules, and it stood out to me:

FOUR

My daughter started school this week virtually and overall, it has gone pretty well.  I was able to enjoy some lunch dates this week and got lots accomplished, so it was fun for me to be a stay-at-home mom while my daughter was in school (even though she was at home).  I homeschooled for so long and then have been working full time for the last 2 1/2 years, so this is the first school year for a child to go to school and me not be going to work.  I kind of enjoyed it :)

FIVE

With my oldest back at college, she left her rolling cart at home and little sister started using it.  So, I got a new one for her and one for me.  These things are so handy!  I feel like these would be great for any closet or small space.  I used mine in my laundry room/pantry overflow area.  I bought it at Michaels, it comes in so many colors, is affordable and easy and quick to assemble!
This is the space across from our washer and dryer and we have a shelf above it.  I store overflow food and paper goods in a basket on the floor, which you can't even see here!
This is the after picture with my overflow food and drinks in the cart.  I have my paper products in the basket on the floor and it just looks so much neater.  I love any organization system!


Happy Labor Day weekend!





 

4 comments:

  1. That rolling cart really makes a difference. I always think anytime you can get items vertical on shelves etc instead of spread out horizontally, it looks better and more organized. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the schooling is going well! That rolling cart looks like it would definitely come in handy in quite a few areas of the home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy to me that you see buffalo on your walk! I hope your daughters have a great school year in school/college. My kids start next week. I love being organized too and that rolling cart looks super helpful. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I got to meet you, and thanks for the shout-out! I love the rolling cart idea, too...I need to work on my pantry. It causes major undue stress and just stays messy because all our sons (and their friends) are always rifling through it all to find a snack. Ha! I'll see you Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...