Happy Wednesday blog friends! Today I am linking up for 2 different topics.....
Fall Scents and Let's Look at...School Pictures
First up....fall scents. I love most any fall scent like cinnamon, pumpkins, spices, etc. At this time, my fall candle I am burning is this one I found on clearance from Altar'd State, but I also saw it sold at Anthropologie. The scent is Baltic Amber, which smells good, and the candle it self is in such a pretty jar and I love the fall color of it as well. Also, I think it will have a long burn life!
For bathroom soaps, I am a fan of Bath and Body Works hand soaps, especially in the holiday season. Here are two I plan on opening soon. With all the extra washing of hands these days, it is fun to have scents we enjoy! I would love to hear of any other fall scented hand soaps you like and where you buy them.
Now a peek into Let's Look at School Pictures.
I am throwing these back to my girls pictures. My old school pictures are in a frame at my parents house and not sure if I have any or not here.
Back to when we homeschooled and the girls were part of Veritas.
One of my favorite pictures of my youngest :)
Fast forward to 5th and 8th grade when we were living in Bogota, Colombia. The girls were still homeschooled at this point.
Year 2 in Bogota, they started traditional school for the first time, yet really not so traditional since we were living in another country. Isabella was the only American in the high school and Brook was one of 2 Americans in her grade. This was a small, Christian school. Every day, they rode on the school ruta, which was the white van you see in the picture below. They had to be in the lobby of our building by 6:20 every morning. It took 45 minutes to an hour to get to school, depending on traffic. The days were very long.
Year 3, Brook returned to homeschooling. This was taken on the balcony of our 16th floor apartment overlooking the Andes mountains.
Isabella returned to the same school for her 10th grade year. We moved back to the USA mid year and she finished 10th grade homeschooled again in the USA.
This is day one of 11th and 8th grade, homeschooled living back in the USA.
The next year, we found a public school for Brook where she could explore her art talent & it has been a great experience for her. This first day was a hard one for me to watch her get out of the car and go to school for the first time stateside. She walked into a high school of 2000 students and didn't know a soul. She has come a long way in the past 2 years.
Isabella continued homeschooling her senior year.
Today, Brook is in her junior year and Isabella is in her 2nd year of college.
I am thankful for this post just for me to look back on some of their school years. My goodness, don't they go by quick?
Enjoy a fall scent as we wait on fall temperatures and enjoy your time at home with the kids too!
After more than 8 years homeschooling my middle son just went to high school last week and I totally teared up watching him walk away. He has been loving it this past week though so I am hopeful he/we made the right choice.
ReplyDeleteI loved seeing this journey through school pictures. Aren't our kids brave when they go to a huge school after being homeschooled or in a smaller school? I was so proud of my kids when we moved back to big Tx schools after 3 years at a very small private school in the UK.
ReplyDeleteOhhh, what a sweet post! How do the years go so fast?!? I homeschool too, and I just know before I can blink mine will be off to college or with a job and gone.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite fall hand soap is Mrs. Meyers Apple Cider. I also got the Acorn Spice to try, but the one I have used for the past few years is the Apple Cider. Definitely have a new appreciation for good smelling soaps this year! Thanks for linking up!
ReplyDelete