Monday, March 21, 2022

Hello Monday!

 Happy Monday & Spring!  I am back from Spring Break with a little recap.


We spent the first 2 days of Spring Break at home.  We worked, but also had some down time.  Wednesday, we headed out to western North Carolina.  For some of the drive, my daughter drove through the mountains and my husband helped her navigate the gears.

As we drove, we passed by the river we rafted last fall and it was so fun to see all the rapids!

We met up with friends who also spent time on the mission field.  We ate at the cabin where we stayed for all meals except for one.  We ate alongside a riverfront and it was a gorgeous setting.

We went to see the local fish hatchery and it was funny watching the fish jump out of the water.

There were foosball competitions.

My oldest daughter drove over and spent one night with us, so we enjoyed her being with us for the restaurant and a hike we took.

We loved sitting by the fire catching up with friends.


Our girls had not seen their little boy in the past 8 years so we recreated this picture.  The first picture was taken 8 years ago when we spent a month with them in Belgium for missionary training.  The lower picture was from last Friday.
We were also able to meet their daughter.

It was a great weekend away and hope you all have a good start to your day!

Linking up with Holly & Sarah

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip and how great that your daughter at college was able to join in the fun! I know you loved being together. I always love recreated pictures! How sweet is friendship that spans years and distance? I hope you have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun family time! Looks like a blast and I am sure you enjoyed your time with your college girl- welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful spring break - it looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of that gorgeous scenery! Looks like a beautiful area. What a great trip- to see friends and to get to spend time together with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great trip! That restaurant looks like a nice one! Glad you enjoyed your time away!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a wonderful trip!! I am so glad both daughters were able to join you too.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...