Monday, February 20, 2023

Weekend Wrap Up

 


Hi guys!  I am posting a little late on this Monday holiday.  I posted on Friday that my youngest daughter flew home from college.  It was so great to have her around for a few days.  She was home for Christmas break, but this was her first time to drive herself to the airport, fly and connect through Atlanta on her own.  All these years of flying, she did great. She has known for years which terminals in the Atlanta airport has Chick-fil-A, ha!  We use to fly through there quite a bit when we lived in South America.  When we would land, I would ask the girls to guide us to the next gate so they would learn how to follow airport signs and read the boards.  My girls grew up with a mom as a travel agent, so I texted/asked her about 10,000 questions along the way.

Friday, I attended a funeral.  This was my second funeral of the year. This certainly makes one think about the brevity of life.  Funerals do bring people together though too and it was good to see some friends.  My daughter spent the afternoon and evening seeing her friends.  

Saturday, we went to see some of my greats.  They love playing with Brook!
Lots of kids, toys, and loving!

We met my parents for lunch and then my sister joined us for some shopping.  Here is the Be Real picture Brook took of us:

That evening, it was cool again so had a fire. It looks like this week's weather is warmer, or what I like to call in the south, fake spring.

Sunday, Brook went to church and lunch with a friend.  She was back home Sunday night and we all watched the NBA All-Star game, cheering on our favorite Memphis Grizzlies players.

Monday morning, we took this picture at the airport at 5:45am.  She is now back at her dorm and weare so thankful for her weekend at home.

I am doing a little bit of work, catching up on a Hallmark movie and housework as I prepare for house guests coming this week.  

I will be back later this week!



6 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun weekend! We always tried to have our kids navigate us through the airport too so they wouldn't feel so overwhelmed by that when they might one day have to fly by themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend! So great that you could spend time with your daughter. Sending condolences and sorry to hear that you've had two funerals already this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so glad you got a visit in with your daughter! I know that did your mama heart good! Looks like y’all packed in lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful weekend. Time with your daughter and grands and family is such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! So glad she got to come home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that your daughter came home for the weekend and navigated the Atlanta airport so well. I haven't been to that airport in years but I remember it being huge. Glad you guys spent lots of time with family!

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...